Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos of Waist length thin hair?

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: Photos of Waist length thin hair?

Quote Originally Posted by BellCat View Post
    i just quickly put my hair into a side pony, although i still have a bit of amla oil in my hair it measures at 2inches in width :S
    wait, wait . . . width or circumference?!? ( ' (oo) ' )

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseCheeses View Post
    I just did a search and pulled up this thread for those of us with fine and thin hair. Haven't looked through more than a few pages yet, but I bet we'll find some inspiration there!

luxepiggy, you're probably tired of hearing this, but your hair is amazing.

I started to notice that as well. While out and about yesterday, not only did I notice a few thick ponytails, but so many more thin ones! A couple girls had hair (maybe BSL) tied back in ponytails that looked to be about the width of my thumb. Of course, they were dyed and fried, so who knows what their healthy hair would have been? In any case, it made me appreciate my 2.25 inch circumference.

Then I came back into here.
    Thank you! On the contrary, I never tire of hearing it - helps me maintain my vastly overinflated self-image, thus:

Hehe . . . just kidding! As you mentioned, being a member of LHC is good for one's hair humility (^(oo)^)v
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v

Length
    23/30/hip
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by luxepiggy View Post
    wait, wait . . . width or circumference?!? ( ' (oo) ' )

Thank you! On the contrary, I never tire of hearing it - helps me maintain my vastly overinflated self-image, thus:

Hehe . . . just kidding! As you mentioned, being a member of LHC is good for one's hair humility (^(oo)^)v
    em width i think :P not sure lol

Length
    22/31/term
    Type
    2c/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    Thank you .
    My ends are very, very thin so I've been microtrimming for the past few months.
    I have two more inches to go before I get to waist with my hair curly, so that will probably take me six months with microtrimming.
    My hair is thin, but it doesn't look any better short, so I will continue to grow.
    Our hair is very similar in thickness, but yours is more curly.
    My hair is about 2 inches from my waist and it is so thin at the ends. It kindof makes me wonder if I could even grow classic length. I've also found that if I let the curls clump together then my hair is less likely to tangle. If I brushed or combed my hair then all the individual strands would start to matt and its horrible.
    My husband tells me I should cut my hair because its too thin to wear it long. But I tell him if I cut it I'll just have SHORT, thin hair. But he says that it looks less thin if you cut it blunt at the shoulders.
    Its hard to keep growing your hair when your family and friends tell you to cut it. Oh well.

Luxepiggy - what do you use on your hair? It looks so shiny and conditioned! And it doesn't look thin maybe because it is straight so it stays together.

My ponytail is 2 inches measured by circumference.

Length
    BSL/waist/TBL?
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Did you wrap the measuring tape all the way around your ponytail or did you measure straight across from one side to the other? Circumference = circle, all the way around. Width or diameter is a straight line through the middle. The i/ii/iii measurements are related to circumference.

Hair always looks shorter in front than in the back. For one thing the hair in the front of the face usually has a shorter terminal (maximum) length than the hair in the back. For another thing hair in the front tends to have more breakage since it gets caught in zippers and stuff more.

I used to always hate my thin hair. I had a massive shed when I was 13 and lost a lot of thickness that I felt like I never really gained back. Although by now it's been so long I have no real memory of how thick my hair was compared to now. But I was always haunted by this idea of "how thin my hair is." Wherever I went I would spot lovely thick ponytails and sigh to myself. When I signed up, same as you I automatically put myself as a i because "my hair is so thin."

Then one day for fun, I measured. 2 1/2". That's a ii. That means my hair is NORMAL. Maybe not lusciously thick but definitely normal-thickness hair. And then I started forcing myself to notice all the thin ponytails out there (and on here). And I realized lots of people have hair like mine, or thinner than mine. And my hair's not so thin after all. I also noticed how much curls affect my perception of the thickness of hair. I'll think "oh what glorious thick hair!" and then I realize, it's not that thick, it just looks big because it's curly. My hair is straight so I don't get the benefit of that little illusion - but then there's lots I don't have to deal with because I don't have curls.

Sure, there are some updos that don't look right on me. But there are lots of updos that don't look right on super-thick hair either. It's not necessarily a blessing. You just have to adjust everything, hair care, styling, etc. to your hair. The thick-haired folks have to do the same thing.

Your hair really doesn't look that thin to me but like I said I understand how you can be bothered by it and kind of have the thought of "thin hair" burned into your mind. And if your hair measures 2" around then you're in ii territory which is not thin, but normal.

If it'll make you feel better, here is a shot of my hair taken just this week. It's in a braided half-up but you can see how small the braid is and how thin the remaining hair is. It's not very thick, but it's actually not considered thin.

Another thing that really has made a difference in my opinion of my hair is just finding the right hair care routine that makes my hair look its best. If you look at my signature, in the picture on the left the hair is kind of sticking out more at the ends, and clinging to the curve of my head at the top, and pretty dull looking and kind of stringy. This was with CO. I've changed to coconut oil shampoo (right picture) and that works so much better for me, my hair is more often glossy and shiny. It still isn't thicker but it looks and feels so much more glamorous that the thinness doesn't matter so much and it isn't as noticeable. It's always possible the products you're using on your hair are contributing to the problem as you see it, and that a change in routine might change your opinion too

Horrid lighting and resolution...but even still I can see 2" growth and lots more shine!

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

okay i just uploaded a photo of my hair into my album from the front- again just freshly co-washed and combed so it looks thicker or maybe it's not as thin as I think :s? if you see in the pic its not at my waist. It looks shorter from the front for some reason. I want it to reach my belly button
    Dont go off bellybutton, go off the narrowest part of your torso, if i went off my bellybutton, waist would be at knee length! (slight exaggeration!) and measure your hair without oil!>>>>>>>>>>>runs off to check new photos!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    17/BSL+/Waist
    Type
    1c/F/ii

If your ponytail was 2" around when your hair was oiled, I bet you're a ii. My hair gets very compressed when it's oiled, so the circumference measurement is smaller. Try measuring after a wash, as soon as your hair dries. Your hair does not look thin to me in any way!

As others have said, make sure you're measuring around the base of your ponytail. I think you are probably doing it right, though. If your ponytail had a 2 inch width, its circumference would be over 6 inches.

Type
    3a/3b/F/i

I have super thin hair and I'm also worried how it would look longer :/ Now I'm usually keeping my hair in bun so it doesn't look so thin. I do have some layers thou, but I'm afraid that even when I grow them out it doesn't change much

Here is my hair in rope braid and my pinky to compare

Length
    23/30/hip
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I dont know why all my life I just thought it was so thin..especially when I was younger I didn't treat it well at all with heat nearly every day and chemical dyes. Since I got it trimmed last year it has gotten thicker but I guess the idea has just stuck in my head and i'm constantly comparing it to everyone elses much thicker hair in my family.

Last night I quickly measured my pony tail across with a measuring tape not around so when I wash my hair next I'll measure.

If your worried about your hair too, I found that when I stopped using heat completely got a trim and ate LOADS of nuts and seeds my hair got thicker. I also started taking Biotin and MSM about a month ago as I heard the biotin thickens the stands? but haven't noticed anything change besides my nails,eyelashes and eyebrows growing like weeds and thicker babyhairs around my hairline :O ?? So if your not taking that already you should buy some and try it out.

Length
    short/waist/hip
    Type
    1b/C/ii/iii

awh thanks for the compliments, but it really is thin if you look through my album. In my signature my hair is freshly combed, if only it could look like that all the time!
    I checked your album and I think your hair looks lovely and healthy!! It doesn't look as thin as you may feel about it! Just don't care what others might think of your hair - focus on how your long hair makes you feel and what you want to do with your hair! (Oh yeah and try to take good care - healthy lifestyle, good products, no chemicals/heat - your hair will be thankful for that.

Length
    short/34/35
    Type
    2a/F/i

LHC measures length in a unique way. Bend to the side and see where you fold. When you stand up, that same place should be the slimmest place on your torso. That's waist. When you stand with your hands cupped over your hip bones, that's hip.

I know when I joined here, I was puzzled by the real world's idea of waist vs the LHC waist measurement. What I would call waist is hip, instead.

My hair is very thin. It used to be 3 inches, but a Mammoth Shed in 2007 cut it down to 1.5 inches. Over the last 3 years, it got back to 2.5, but I just had another shed and I'm back down to 1.75 inches.
    Lady Velvettt of the Panne Waves
    in the Order of Longhaired Knights