Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *Survey for People that have used Nature's~Gate~Likes/Dislikes/Results*

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: *Survey for People that have used Nature's~Gate~Likes/Dislikes/Results*

I miss their old conditioners so much. I'm glad I laid in a good supply while it was still around.

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    SL/40"/??
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Default Re: *Survey for People that have used Nature's~Gate~Likes/Dislikes/Results*

I've been using Nature's Gate Herbal Shampoo and Jojoba conditioner. My hair is so gross. It's tangly and...waxy? Yuck! I've only used it twice, but I am switching back to my old stuff.

I do like the texture of the conditioner. It's really creamy. I just hate what it does to my hair.

Type
    1c/F/ii

I tried my friend's Nature's Gate when I was at her house once. I don't remember it as being something I liked. My hair didn't detangle well with the conditioner either.

Length
    24/29.5/39
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

I have, use, and LOVE Nature's Gate Tea Tree conditioner. My hair likes this even better than Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle rose. It's much softer and smoother. Very moisturized. I haven't tried any of the their other products, but I see myself sticking with this conditioner indefinitely.

Nature's Gate Herbal Jojoba Shampoo+Conditioner drove me away from shampoo and conditioner.

I am now using up the rest of the shampoo to clean my toilet and as a refill for hand soap--it works pretty well, except my hands feel really dry. I just wish I had as good a use for the conditioner--I don't shave my legs often enough so it will take a while before I can get rid of that bottle. It's really too bad--I used to buy it back in the 1990's, and it worked really well and they used good ingredients. They are cheaping out now, and it shows.

So that's my review.

Length
    SL/40"/??
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebums View Post
    Nature's Gate Herbal Jojoba Shampoo+Conditioner drove me away from shampoo and conditioner.

I am now using up the rest of the shampoo to clean my toilet and as a refill for hand soap--it works pretty well, except my hands feel really dry. I just wish I had as good a use for the conditioner--I don't shave my legs often enough so it will take a while before I can get rid of that bottle. It's really too bad--I used to buy it back in the 1990's, and it worked really well and they used good ingredients. They are cheaping out now, and it shows.

So that's my review.
    What did it do to your hair? It made mine waxy and tangly.

Length
    27/42+/ftip
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Nature's Gate Original Herbal Shampoo and Conditioner are on my Holy Grail List, at #2. #1 is the new L'oreal Everpure sulphate free products for protecting bleached and colored hair.
    Callie sez *meep*
    justgreen judiciously journals
    Lady Emeralde Justyce in the Order of the Long Hair Knights

Quote Originally Posted by GuinevereMay View Post
    What did it do to your hair? It made mine waxy and tangly.
    My ends were very dry, and the hair was dull, frizzy, and looked faded. I clarified on a regular basis, so it wasn't residue.

I like how it says "for damaged hair" on the bottle. It should say, "If your hair isn't damaged already, we'll damage it for you!"

Resident metalhead RavennaNight's Avatar
    Length
    bob/35/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

If you want some Natures Gate that gives you conelike slip try the Hemp variety. I never used the shampoo, but the conditioner is great and smells heavenly. It detangles like a dream! Love love love it.

Length
    buzz/APL/WL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

I like the Asian Pear & Red Tea makes my hair super soft and I like the smell. I find the low poo not too harsh, doesn't leave my hair feeling stripped. And it's available locally for me

My hair is fine-medium with a wave.

Hope that helped.