View Poll Results: Who trims your hair?

Voters
1385. You may not vote on this poll
  • I self-trim.

766 55.31%
  • My SO/family member/friend trims my hair.

292 21.08%
  • I go to a salon.

241 17.40%
  • I don't trim my hair, I just cover it in cheese!

86 6.21%
Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Who trims your hair?

Length
    15"/APL+/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Who trims your hair?

Self trimmer here! I enjoy that I control exactly how much is trimmed, in what shape, etc.

1-1-14
    2c,F\M,ii

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I used to self-trim, but I recently had it cut back to collarbone-ish, so now I'll either be ignoring it till it's longer or having it maintained by professionals. I have trimmed my husband's hair for years, but his is 1a/M and he wears it in a ponytail every day, so, not that challenging.

Length
    chin/BSL/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

well I haven't trimmed in months, but I used to go to a salon. I'm changing that soon- I got tired of telling people I wanted an inch trimmed off the bottom and then getting 3in. trimmed off instead. Plus, the last time I went, I told the man I wanted all of my hair be the same length, so even up the layers at the bottom and he didn't. I still am trying to grow out these darned layers.

I too am going to try self trimming within the next week or two. (though I might need a little help from my dad as he's fairly handy when it comes to cutting hair straight across)

Length
    short/35 in/clssc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

My mom has a friend who's a hairstylist, and she doesn't mind coming by the apartment once in while to give us a free trim. It works out pretty well - she knows what she's doing, and she never takes off more than I want. It does mean I only have a trim every 6 months or so, since I have to wait til I come home from school, but that's not exactly a bad thing either.
    'Life is far too important a thing to ever take seriously.'

Length
    SL/MBL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

I go to a salon because am too afraid to self trim and I also have layers that I get trimmed up.

Length
    Clrbn/Waist/Hip
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I've trimmed my hair a few times, but usually my mom does it.

Length
    13/16/42/51
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

My bestest friend in the whole world trims my hair. she is in beauty school. I hold her son while she works and if she messes up he gets to come stay with Aunt Jessie for the night. (I probably wouldnt actually take him but idle threats work well with her, she really liked my super short pixie.) Her son is never away from her for more than couple hours so she is extra careful
    I do not post much anymore, however I would love to hear from you guys if you want to chat. Pop me a PM and I can send my email/blog url/facebook if you want.

Length
    16"/49+/-/?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Self trimmer. 6 years and counting. I get what I want, no waiting in line or drive time. And it takes 10 min or less.
    Irishred@>--;-- 2a f/M ii

Account Closed by Member Request

My husband and I do. He helps me with the pieces that I can't reach or can't get even. He just helped me trim my bangs yesterday. He said he doesn't want to cut the back anymore because it's getting long and he's nervous about cutting off too much or messing up.

I prefer going to a hairdresser because I like the effect of having my hair trimmed while my head is bent forward. It leaves the underneath a wee bit shorter than the canopy so it gently curls under.

But when I want three inches cut off because my length is bugging me I take the pleasure in doing that myself and than getting the hairdresser to correct whatever I missed. Yes...it sounds strange!