Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How do YOU use Coconut Oil?

Length
    1"/3.25"/30"
    Type
    3c/4a/F/M/iii

I use coconut oil everywhere: hair, lips, hands, face, legs. It's quite the all purpose moisturizer.

I haven't gotten around to eating it, though. I haven't found a way to incorporate it into my diet. Maybe I'll put it in my oatmeal.

Length
    Hip/TB+/TBish

I apply coconut oil to the length of my hair, comb it out, plait it and then wash it out a couple of hours later. Sometimes I leave it in overnight and I also cook with it.

I apply it to fairly wet hair, comb through, plait, and then pin it up and leave it. I try to do this for 24 hrs minimum. I use quite a lot too, by hair seems to soak it up.

I like it for knees and elbows too.

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Stephanie.....my sister has been taking it it porridge almost every day and has lost i think 3 dress sizes, but she's definately alot slimmer than before. Unfortunately i don't really like porridge so the only way i gret to eat it is in curries.....but i'm hoping to find a way to eat it daily, it's apparently good for diabetes too and boosts the immune system and healing rate, both of which i could do with.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Oooh! Speaking of! I read that and a few other articles on the benefits of coconut oil about a year ago and started taking three tablespoons a day. My body temperature is regularly lower than "average" and I've always had a problem with steady, consistent energy levels. Anyway, after only a couple of weeks, I noticed a HUGE difference in my body temperature (I thought I was going crazy or having hormonal swings for no reason!) and I was no longer practically falling asleep in the afternoon. I found that losing weight got easier, too. I'd read about it and while everything made sense to me, I was skeptical about how it would affect me. I won't go without it now. Also, my cholesterol improved a bit (not much room for improvement, but I did get lab work done that indicated that the coconut oil was definitely NOT adversely affecting me). I won't be without the stuff anymore. Love it.
    Coconut oil is made up of MCTs- medium chain triglycerides. For the first week or so of regular consumption, your body *does* process them slightly differently than other fats/oils and there is a small metabolic increase. Your body adjusts after about a week however and there is no more actual boost.

Still, if you were short on healthy fats to begin with, it will still help you that way.

Length
    30/30/32+
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I apply to damp hair after a wash, leave it there until my next shampoo.
    I eat a tablespoon on toast with a little sugar, its the only way I can stand to eat it. I have since run out and need to get a new jar, I noticed that I was never sick, while taking it, but once I stopped I did get sick, so I must get back to eating it every day.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ChloeDharma View Post
    Stephanie.....my sister has been taking it it porridge almost every day and has lost i think 3 dress sizes, but she's definately alot slimmer than before. Unfortunately i don't really like porridge so the only way i gret to eat it is in curries.....but i'm hoping to find a way to eat it daily, it's apparently good for diabetes too and boosts the immune system and healing rate, both of which i could do with.
    Its great in a lot of foods Jacket potatoes, mixed in veg, as a spread on toast/bread, in smoothies you can put it in anything some eat it straight off the spoon!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Its great in a lot of foods Jacket potatoes, mixed in veg, as a spread on toast/bread, in smoothies you can put it in anything some eat it straight off the spoon!

I have been thinking about doing this for a long time... but do you eat the virgin, or the unrefined?
    ~Claire.
    Lady Salket, Protector of the Sacred Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    :(/:(/36"
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I usually use it to take off makeup at night. Sometimes I use it in my hair to detangle. Sometimes I use a lot of it in my hair as a pre-wash treatment. I tried it as leave-in but it was either not effective or made my hair look oily. I couldn't seem to find a middle ground there. But I love the stuff and always have it on hand since first trying it about a year and a half ago.
    Lady Chalchihuitlicue of the Flowing Waters in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I use it as a leave in applied to wet hair. I warm a tiny bit in my hands and apply it by smoothing it on to my wet hair concentrating on the last few inches of hair. I also use it on my hands, elbows, and feet. At night I use it as an overnight eye oil. Someone over at TBB said it helped with her dark circles and I'll try anything to diminish mine.

I am not here to decorate your world