Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I have decided to maybe go bald (temporarily) and need your help/advice :).

Length
    SL/SL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Reading the posts made me worry a little... Maybe I'm way out of line for saying this, and maybe it isn't even necessary... then I'm sorry, but my intentions are good.

But, to be quite honest, I think you might be too obsessive with your hair. You already mentioned you are an obsessive person and your post made me wonder whether it's in a "normal/healthy" degree of obsessive behaviour or it's obsessive behaviour that becomes a problem. It's a problem when obsessing has come to the point that it determines your daily life and prevents you from having a healthy social life, work, education, hobbies, self esteem etc. If that's the case, you might consider getting psychological help. In any case, make sure NOT to use the hair removal cream, because it could prevent hairs from growing back.

Good luck to you.

P.S. IMO, bald guys can be so HOT!

Length
    Pixie/MBL/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I don't think shaving and using hair removal cream would have any effect on your problem.

Length
    long/55.5/long
    Type
    2c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by manderly View Post
    Hmmmm, I recall you having great disdain for you "breakage" back on the old board, to which everyone believed were mostly baby hairs, and I replied with photos of my halo of baby hairs.

Honestly? I think you have some serious obsessive issues with your hair.

You had an entire thread full of women showing off their halos of baby and broken hairs, but you still couldn't accept them as natural and normal, and you shaved your head. That's fine, how's it growing now?
    Oh that thread! That was SippyCup too? Aw I remember how beautiful his hair was,too sad that he asked for our help and opinion back than and than chopped nomatter what.Well I hope that what we write now would make him think it over...

Length
    <apl/hip/BCL
    Type
    1a/F/iii

I have the same thing. I have light brown straight hair. And occasionally I see a black, coarse hair which is wavy. I'm 21 now and I know it is possible to still change (as my dad did).
    I went from blond to very dark brown to blond again. At this stage I'm light brown. So maybe the really dark brown is coming up again.

Just accept it. I think every version of my hair is beautiful It's kind of exciting too. What am I going to get next?
    DUTCH or FLEMISH speaking?
    www.hairfairforum.be

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Going bald after being BSL is likely to make you miserable since you will likely have the same issue with your new growth. Unless you plan on going bald, and staying bald, I'm quite sure that you will find that with your regrowth you will still have the same variation in hair type and colour. I honestly think it will be a big waste of time.

Everyone here has some issue or another about their hair, and we eventually learn to accept it. If we didn't, this would be the "Bald Hair Community".

Please stop obsessing, and try to see the beauty in your hair.

Length
    bsl/waist/hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Well, it seems the old memory is still working fine:

Here's the thread SippyCup started on the same subject three weeks ago.

To be honest, while I understand this is worrying you, SC, I find it slighly rude to the people who answered in your first thread for you to be ignoring the fact that you had already asked for and been given advice on the subject by starting a new thread on the same subject in such a short time, rather than revive the old one.

Greetings

katharine

Length
    shldr/APL/Term

Why not try chemotherapy*? That changed my friends hair from very curly to completely straight and it only has a few inconsequential side effects.

Sippy, get a hold of yourself and go and see somebody about your obsession. That needs fixing. You know it does, because you yourself refer to your preoccupation as an obsession. Your hair hasn't done anything worthy of such punishment, other than fail to conform to your unrealistic ideals (and where did they come from anyway?).

*Apologies to all of those courageous people who have been through that treatment.

Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

I have a heap of those hairs and I just must say that I love them, they give so much volume to my hair (and make the color more intense). No-one, I promise you, will notice them. Not even my friends who have seen my hair for years and who have played with it, made different up-does etc believed me when I said I had black, thick, coarse hairs. Not untill I pointed out some of them.

Do you really want long hair? It doesn't sound so to me. If you do, then you need to stop obsessing and accept it, or go bald and get a wig.

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I just want to add that usually with a person that is "obsessive" over one thing or another there is something much "deeper" that needs desperately to be dealt with. PLEASE while you are still young get some help from a professional counselor who can help you get to the real issues here. HUGS to you and hope you get some much needed help and healing!!!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    ??/33/36
    Type
    3a/M/iii

SippyCup, I promise you that your hair is normal and healthy. I swear. This is your hair, and it always will be. Part of growing long hair is realizing that you will never have the hair you imagine in your mind's eye, and learning to love the hair you have in the real world. I wish I had frizz-less, brilliantly red hair with perfectly formed curls that swung around me without ever getting in my way. I would also like it to always fall in a symmetrical fashion. I will never have that hair, and I am OK with that. I like the hair I have, and I'll love it when it's long enough.

You look at your hair and you imagine the shampoo commercial hair you want, and it makes you miserable. I feel like that sometimes, too. Try an experiment, write down all the things you don't like about your hair. Then write down all the things you like about your hair. Remember, you aren't going to have fantasy hair. You will have beautiful hair. You do have beautiful hair!
    It's potion time.