Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your hair story?

Length
    23/25.5/40-45
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

Default Re: Here is the story of my hair! What's yours? Please tell

Welcome! I have MBL hair that is very curly and a little wavy. I have dies it red, black and brown a few times and even gotten blonde highlights twice. The blonde has left my hair very dry and moderately damaged. About a month ago I tried Henna for the first time and I absolutely love it! Red is my favorite hair color on me and I can't wait to do my next treatment. My goals are to grow it past WL and find the length I like the most and maintain it. also to grow out and trim off all of the damaged hair and keep my hair and scalp healthy.

Length
    23/25.5/40-45
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

Default Re: What's your hair story?

Literally getting past that awkward shoulder length is the hardest!! It was for me at least. In 2010 I had an unfortunate relationship with Sun In and my flat iron which left my hair damaged, brassy and... a mess. It was down to my waist straight and a little but shorter while curly. Impulsively I had it cut extremely short. Tapered in the back and to my chin in the front. It was cute for a little while but I missed my security blanket! As I was growing it out I would always get impatient once it got to that awkward area where it wasn't short anymore but also wasn't quite medium length either. It was so frustrating but I promise if you push through it and fight the urge to just cut it again you it'll pay off! My hair is now working it's way back to waist length and I couldn't be more proud!

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: Here is the story of my hair! What's yours? Please tell

The short version of my hair story is that I got a bad haircut in around 2006-2007, and decided I was done with haircuts. I was so upset from that bad haircut.

Been growing ever since.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    chin/MBL/term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Welcome! Curls are so beautiful, it's so amazing that you've come to embrace your texture

My story is basically that I've had short hair my entire life, but I love long hair so I decided to go for it. When I was a child I had pin straight hair and bangs, never past APL. I was always told my hair was so thin that I might as well keep it short, but I always admired long, fantasy-like hair. Therefore I sort of brushed off the subject until I started experimenting with my looks as a teenager. I loved to cut and dye my own hair every shape and color possible! Now that I'm in my twenties I've been doing lots of mind and body health improvement and revisited the thought of trying to grow my hair. I chopped off all the damage and now I'm almost at my longest length ever, and seeing how far I can go

Length
    BSL/WL-HL/BCL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

This is a great thread Esinklee, it is very interesting to read these stories.

My story goes like this:
    I always LOVVEEDD long hair - was totally obsessed with it, but my mum insisted I cut them short while I was in school.
    So till the age of 13 my hair were just a bit past my ears and every trip to the hairdresser ended in tears

After that I started growing my hair to almost BSL - WL, but I also fell sick and was on medication for years which led to massive shedding. I lost almost half my hair.

At 22 I moved to New Zealand and the shedding became worse. My hair wouldn't grow past WL and i could see hair strands everywhere, literally EVERYWHERE. Last year I cut my hair to BSL to remove the christmas tree like split ends I had.

I found LHC last year when searching for a way to reduce hair fall and last few months have been so inspiring.

I am now at HL and definitely want to reach BCL or TBL this year while also improving the health of my hair and growing out layers (stylists are adamant about adding layers to give my hair some volume ).
    Last edited by priinnz; January 29th, 2019 at 02:54 AM.

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I'll try to keep this short lol. As a teen I had very damaged hair since I dyed my hair dark and heat styled it regularly. I wanted a certain style and didn't think about the health of my hair. Eventually decided to put my hair's health first and stopped dyes and heat styling cold turkey. Took a little over three years (2011-2014) to get rid of dyed hair and heat damage. In 2014 I cut my hair to APL and kept growing it longer. I maintained around waist to BSL. After two years I felt like experimenting again and got highlights for the first time in my life. I doubt I'll dye my hair darker ever again though. Had some health troubles through the years and eventually forgot the ways of TLHC. A year or two ago I tried to get back with proper hair care but made my real comeback couple of months ago Now I'm figuring out how to care for bleach damage and grow longer at the same time. I haven't set length goals for myself, I just want my hair long and pretty again. I also enjoy hair care as a hobby and as a form of self care. Good luck with your journey Esinklee and everyone here!

Length
    1"/36"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

Retirement gave me a whole new mindset about self-care. After working hard for years at my job and taking care of my family I finally have time to think about myself. Part of my hair journey to this point has been giving myself permission to wear my hair however I choose and to please myself with my decisions rather than worrying about whether others think it is appropriate. So here I am; almost 65 years old with my grey hair heading slowly towards waist length and dreaming of wearing a long grey braid.

Hi, I'm new. I've been thinking about my hair a lot lately and feeling like some kind of weirdo because of it. Then I found this place and after lurking here a while, I see that I still have great depths of weirdness yet to plumb.

For a while now, I haven't been able to decide what to do with my hair next, and as a result, it's now longer than it's been since I was a kid (about to the small of my back). I've decided to start taking better care of it and see how far it will go!

Another factor that has drawn me into this lately is that I have a lot of anxiety, and thinking about haircare gives me a "safe" mental topic that doesn't have any emotional baggage. It's my new hobby, and though I hope my hair does get longer and healthier and prettier, I also don't really mind if it doesn't.

My mother never let her hair get longer than her jaw my entire life, because her father never let her cut her hair when she lived with him. Hers, she claims, was long enough to sit on and light enough that one of her nicknames was 'Cotton'. I, on the other hand, got my father's hair... thick as a brick and pitch black in anything but direct sunlight. It made dyeing a pain, let me tell you!

I got my 'last' haircut in 2006, to my collarbones, and when looking for conditioner recommendations (thick as a brick plus tangles equals Suffering) I stumbled across this place. On a whim I decided to see how far it'd get and now... I've hit knee. Still waiting to see how far it gets.

It's a lot of fun to have Hair because my husband and I are on cast at a Renfaire, and I can do the period hairstyles that other people need synthetic extensions to pull off. We've also started dabbling in steampunk a little, and mock-Victorian hairstyles are AMAZING.

It's also fun to Bring Out The Beast and watch eyes go wide around me. There's inevitably a "...is that all your real hair????", but my favorite comment was after I had taken off a snood and had a fellow go "It's like watching a magician pull scarves out of his nose! It never ends!"

I have had shoulder length hair or above since I was about 12 and have always battled against it as it’s very thick and tends towards a triangle at that length.

I had a chin length bob about 6 years ago and then spent a couple of years growing it back out. Suddenly through laziness it has reached just about BSL (if you count the top of the strap anyway!) and it’s amazing- so much more manageable and hangs so much better and so I have decided to keep going- at least to waist length and then we will see.

On a bit of an eco drive I decided to go low-poo a couple of weeks ago and that’s when I found LHC. Lots of great tips here.

I am having my last cut and colour today for a while at least to blend in my previous blond ombré so this is going to be my last real shampoo in a while.