Thread: New! (And blue!)

Length
    APL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: New! (And blue!)

Quote Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
    I think this is the one.
    Yes that's it but my word don't pay $26 for it!!! My stylist buys these in bulk from ali express! Which is honeslty most likely what this person is doing as well :\

Length
    APL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Corvana View Post
    :Hasn't SEEN evanescence since high school/college: :looks them up from that time:

That's my hair goal length?? Amy Lee has been my personal Goals in terms of voice/clothing/makeup for... ever. I mean 2003 me was all about trying to look like 2003 Amy. Literally got the same eyebrow pierced (still have it, too! Only piercing I kept)

Apparently her hair was subconscious Goals. I mean, it was conscious goals in HS, but growing it was booooooring then and I didn't know how to care for it well etc.

Amy Lee is just plain Goals for me, apparently.
    I. Feel. You.
    The kicker is that my hair was this approximate length back in high school when they got popular so, naturally, I dyed it black - and it was a hell of a lot healthier than it is now probably. And then there's the voice thing and the way I dressed and I got called Amy Lee as much as I got called my own name at school. I wish that was an exaggeration but alas.

I also have noooo idea what's up with me, I'm chalking up to my Saturn return going on, but I'm LITERALLY like "alright hell yeah lets bring allll that style back, super giant teen angst smokey eyes and everything. I have to still have my plaid skirts somewhere. I wonder if my knee high combat boots are worth repairing. Do I still own arm warmers?"
    The rational part of my brain knows this is ridiculous but the part of my brain that's bent on it is like "NO! This is the only thing that matters!! We'll clean it up for being in the office it'll be okay!"

So yes, she is still clearly very much goals for me as well I am glad to have found another person who shares this with me here

Length
    MBL/Waist/Thigh
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I'd like to figure out who actually designed it. I avoid buying from AliExpress out of principle. I've seen a lot of really nice things that people put a lot of hard work into creating and designing to sell on Etsy that Aliexpress sellers just buy/sell complete knock offs of in bulk for about $2...quality is never anywhere near as good of course, but most people don't care. Which is unfair to the actual designers.

Length
    APL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Lou View Post
    Wow, your hair looks so beautiful in that photo.

Anyone know where to find a hair toy like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Liminally View Post
    Yes that's it but my word don't pay $26 for it!!! My stylist buys these in bulk from ali express! Which is honeslty most likely what this person is doing as well :\
    I'd like to figure out who actually designed it. I avoid buying from AliExpress out of principle. I've seen a lot of really nice things that people put a lot of hard work into creating and designing to sell on Etsy that Aliexpress sellers just buy/sell complete knock offs of in bulk for about $2...quality is never anywhere near as good of course, but most people don't care. Which is unfair to the actual designers.
    I hear you, and I totally agree when it comes to people being ripped off on aliexpress. When I look at the pictures on the Etsy listing, I see the same edges, the same irregularities as the one I'm holding in my hand. I don't know, maybe this is a situation where someone is handmaking something instead of reselling from aliexpress, but I don't see something I'd pay 20x more for.

I feel like it's also worth mentioning that for every person who's been ripped off by Ali express, there are also people who are buying from there in bulk and then reselling at insanely inflated costs. Like I said, maybe this isn't one of those scenarios.

If anyone *is* interested in the Ali express version though, it's here: https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/3244...che.0.0.HfO27i

(I'm sorry if that's terrible I can't figure out how to format links on the mobile version of the forum D

Length
    APL/BSL+/?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Your hair is lovely, so funny to think you didn't think it was good enough before!

Also, plaid skirts are a great idea.

Length
    28"/Waist/Waist
    Type
    2a/C/iii

I think this is the one.
    Thank you! I'm so impressed that you found it.

Length
    28"/Waist/Waist
    Type
    2a/C/iii

I hear you, and I totally agree when it comes to people being ripped off on aliexpress. When I look at the pictures on the Etsy listing, I see the same edges, the same irregularities as the one I'm holding in my hand. I don't know, maybe this is a situation where someone is handmaking something instead of reselling from aliexpress, but I don't see something I'd pay 20x more for.

I feel like it's also worth mentioning that for every person who's been ripped off by Ali express, there are also people who are buying from there in bulk and then reselling at insanely inflated costs. Like I said, maybe this isn't one of those scenarios.

If anyone *is* interested in the Ali express version though, it's here: https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/3244...che.0.0.HfO27i

(I'm sorry if that's terrible I can't figure out how to format links on the mobile version of the forum D
    Oh, I see. Thank you. I had never even heard of this website. I probably won't buy that exact one anyway. I'm more interested in the general style with the ring and the curved stick.

Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Love your color!

Length
    APL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dendra View Post
    Your hair is lovely, so funny to think you didn't think it was good enough before!

Also, plaid skirts are a great idea.
    Thank you!! <3
    You're right, it is funny! Maybe I'm confusing this place with somewhere else, but I remember in the olde days of livejournal there was a long hair community and like....everyone who was a member had suuuuper long princess hair and because my hair wasn't that long or that healthy I always assumed I wouldn't be "allowed" in a community like that. Totally silly and a product of my own insecurities

For as long as I can remember I don't think I've gotten rid of any of my old (some might say embarrassing) "mall goth" clothes, so I'm hoping they're packed away somewhere! Though I *think* I may have gotten rid of my favorite one because it fastened with buttons and I think one of them popped off D:
    Is it me or does no one make the right cut of skirts like that anymore? Everything seems high waisted and weirdly pleated and I don't get it.

Length
    APL/BSL+/?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Thank you!! <3
    You're right, it is funny! Maybe I'm confusing this place with somewhere else, but I remember in the olde days of livejournal there was a long hair community and like....everyone who was a member had suuuuper long princess hair and because my hair wasn't that long or that healthy I always assumed I wouldn't be "allowed" in a community like that. Totally silly and a product of my own insecurities

For as long as I can remember I don't think I've gotten rid of any of my old (some might say embarrassing) "mall goth" clothes, so I'm hoping they're packed away somewhere! Though I *think* I may have gotten rid of my favorite one because it fastened with buttons and I think one of them popped off D:
    Is it me or does no one make the right cut of skirts like that anymore? Everything seems high waisted and weirdly pleated and I don't get it.
    Haha you're probably right, I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to clothes so I probably wouldn't have noticed! Mall goth sounds kind've great and kind of like what Grimes wears sometimes.

ps if LHC was like the princess-tress-only club then I wouldn't be allowed in either!

Finally finished growing out natural colour!