Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How quick our goals change.

Length
    15”/23”/45”
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Default Re: How quick our goals change.

My end goal changes constantly. At this point I'm only barely APL, so I know my goal will continue to change frequently. Maybe fingertip length, which would be a lot longer than that (below knee) when straight. I'll probably just grow to terminal once I get rid of the layers or until I can say for sure what my favorite length is. For now though I'm trying to keep my focus on smaller goals that don't take as long to reach. I know waist length is nowhere near my ultimate goal, but my plan is to grow to around tailbone and cut back to waist a few times to cut out the layers. Then I will grow as long as I can, or until I feel satisfied.
    I started this hair journey 5.5 years ago, but I had to cut my hair all off twice in that time for good reason.
    Last edited by unheardletters; April 16th, 2017 at 01:25 AM.
    Stretched: NL - SL - CBL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL - HL - BCL - TBL - CL

Length
    neck/mbl/Tbl
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I set my goal as hip, but I really don't know exactly what length I want since I have never been longer than bsl. I know I want at least waist length. I think the longest I'd ever want is mid thigh. I think classic and mid thigh are really pretty on some, but I'm pretty tall, about 5'9, and that length might be too much for me.

"The dreams of childhood- its airy fables,its graceful, beautiful, humane, impossible adornments of the world beyond; so good to be believed in once, so good to be remembered when outgrown..." - Charles Dickens
    el~nl~sl~cbl~apl~bsl~mbl~wl~hl

Length
    N/A/67/84/Termi
    Type
    3b/F/iii

My first goal was to grow as long as it would grow which I thought was around hip. Then I joined LHC and everything thing changed. I saw hair as long as thigh, knee, floor. That was my wow moment. Now I am close to hip stretched and I intend to keep on growing as long as my hair will grow.

Length
    buzz/knee+/calf
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

My goals sure have changed! I'm trying not to go too crazy about thinking about it because it's a long ways off, but my current goal is (maybe) knee length-ish. When I first stumbled upon LHC, in my lurking days, I thought I would never grow it long enough to sit on/past my butt sort of range. And then it jumped quickly to classic length. And I've been eyeing knee length as a new ultimate goal, but I don't know if my hair would look good at that length, or if I could really handle and enjoy it, or even if it will grow that long. I think it will, but really have no way of knowing other than waiting to see. I guess, for now, my solid goal is a classic length braid. I think I would be fairly satisfied with that, and it would still be in the handle-able range.

Length
    Pixie/Hip/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

My first goal is waist because it has been that long before. But then I think I would like hip and maybe classic....who knows where this could end?
    While we were yet sinners Christ died for us. ~~~ 30" 01/01/18~~~34" 01/01/2019~~~37" 01/01/2020

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

My initial goal was waist, but now that I'm at BSL the 4-5 inches to waist doesn't seem like nearly enough, so the goal now is "atleast hip, but I'll see how I feel once I get there".

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I recently edited my old bio. Apparently I had said something to the effect of "I want to grow to terminal then cut back to a shorter length like classic or hip".

Yeah, no. We're just going to go to terminal and call it a day. And if I did cut back, I think the shortest length I'd give time of day to now is knee, which is my longest length before a series of bad decisions. I'm probably a year and a half or two years out from knee now, depends on how fast my hair feels like going. It's hard to tell because I just quit smoking recently, and I have no idea how much it may or may not have stunted/slowed growth.

eta: by old, that bio was probably 4 years old. I wandered off the forum for about 4 years, not sure why I left, but I'm glad to be back.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    TWA/APL/THIGH
    Type
    3c/F/M/iii

I just came back to lhc, too. My profile hadn't been updated since 2015 in which it said something along the lines of "I'm not stopping until i reach waist". Yeah. That's laughable.

Waist is dead boring and im ready to go ahead and reach classic already. Mid thigh sounds glorious and im going to attempt it but classic is the least I'll be content with.
    Last edited by nitagurl; April 24th, 2017 at 11:13 PM.
    TWA ---> SL ---> APL ---> BSL ---> MBL--->WL ---> HL --->TBL---> CL ---> Finger Tip
    I’ve had my fun. Now we grow

When I started growing from chin, I expected to be just heading to APL; I wasn't encouraged to grow it long at my age
    Instead I went to Hip X2 and decided WAIST is my 'sweet spot'; it was in the 1960's and is now again in my 60's.
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; April 25th, 2017 at 12:03 PM.

Length
    Chin/Waist/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

My goal is still waist but lately I've been thinking about growing to hip. Gotta get to waist first, though.