Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: black walnut powder?

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: black walnut powder?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosetta View Post
    The "up to 8 washes" ones don't contain any; the "up to 24 washes" ones do. (That INCI you posted must have been of a 24 washes one, as I have used the up to 8 ones many times, and I know they don't contain it.) It's a bit confusing as they call both "non-permanent", so you need to check carefully which one it is, but the up to 8 washes ones have slimmer packages (as they only contain one bottle, i.e are deposit-only)
    I'm pretty sure that was this one. 8 washes, contains PPD. It's usually the darker colors.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Anje View Post
    I'm pretty sure that was this one. 8 washes, contains PPD. It's usually the darker colors.
    That's very strange, as I've used some of the blondes, light browns and medium browns of that series, and they haven't contained any (I'm meticulous in checking the ingredients these days)...! Unless they have made an error in the INCI listing there on that site. But if not, at least I know to stay away from the dark browns

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I'll bet it's mostly because you've been using lighter colors. PPD is blackish, so you're more likely to get it when you're choosing dark colors, and likely at a higher dose the darker you go (though that's a guess).
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!