View Poll Results: Is wet hair a "good" look?

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I wear my hair wet in public

62 20.81%
  • No, but I wear my hair wet in public anyway

133 44.63%
  • Yes, but I don't wear my hair wet in public

16 5.37%
  • No, and I don't wear my hair wet in public

87 29.19%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is wet hair a "good" look?

Length
    Dunno/Clsc/Term.
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii/iii

I think it kind of depends on who you are and what style you're trying to do with your hair. I have a friend who likes to do the "messy bun" thing - you know, the kind that isn't really a bun, but just a half-pulled through ponytail? The thing is, it looks really bad on her if her hair isn't wet. I personally think my hair looks fine either way and I go out with wet hair sometimes.

No day but today.

the mad Finnish bint Laululintu's Avatar
    Length
    waist/tbl/???
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Whether wet hair is a good look or not completely depends on the situation. That said, I've been to work, lectures and out with friends with wet hair. In those cases, I tend to usually wear my hair in an updo of some sort, just to keep it from tangling and getting in the way.
    Lady in the Order of the Longhaired Knights
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." - Dr. Martin Luther King

Length
    shldr/waist/hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

I don't really every consider what it looks like, but if I don't blow dry my hair, and I don't want to go to bed with my hair wet b/c it dries all funky/matted-looking. I have to have enough time (3-4+ hours) to wear it down and be able to comb it with a wide-tooth comb periodically to detangle it.
    ~ Filia de Luna ~
    Daughter of the Moon

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by DotDotDot View Post
    I think it kind of depends on who you are and what style you're trying to do with your hair.
    That's true. When my hair was much shorter I used to do what I guess is called a peacock twist. With the ends all spiky up in the air. It looked best wet. Well, it did in my opinion.

Length
    20/27/38
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I voted "Yes and I wear my hair wet in public." I think it looks nice in a casual setting. As a university student, I see people with wet hair out and about somewhat regularly. It's just not a big deal. However, I make sure that it's not too wet - wet enough to be dripping is too much, but maybe wet enough to still be damp is okay. I have been known to blot the ends of my hair with a paper towel to make sure it doesn't drip too much if I'm pressed for time. Plus, it feels nice when it's summertime and really hot.

For a more formal setting (like a job interview) I would plan it so that my hair has time to air dry beforehand.
    Lady Xanthyppe of the Moonlith Waves in the Order of the Longhaired Knights
    My Progress! (updated August 2009)
    Currently at the upper regions of BSL. Growing again!

Length
    Pit/Pit/BSL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii/iii

I don't think it looks good. But, that doesn't stop me from doing it

If I cared what people thought of my hair in the first place, I probably wouldn't be wearing it long

Length
    Pixie/TB/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I don't really do it, unless I'm at the beach or something! If my hair is wet (just washed), I'll put it in an updo before I leave the house. When my hair was short, and I was washing it every morning, when I'd head off to school it would be a little damp, but it would dry quickly.

That said, I don't really care what other people do. I wouldn't think any less of long, loose wet hair and the person wearing it, though it's probably a bit unprofessional in a workplace.

-- Natalie

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I always thought wet hair is fine. I can walk out with either soaking wet or damp hair. Although since I started using hair turbies it's never soaking wet any more. The only way you can tell my hair is not dry is it looks huge, it's much flatter when completely dry. Now just don't come too close and sniff it. It smells like my herbal rinse when damp.

This place is raining all the time, and many people never use an umbrella. I think damp hair is the norm.
    Last edited by sapphire-o; March 20th, 2008 at 09:20 PM.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

A lot of times, I prefer the look of my hair while it's wet. It all flows together. Once it's dry, it is likely to fluff out all over the place, especially on the surface (frizzy to the max!). I will sometimes apply so much gel that I get a wet look, which is better than the frizzy look (to me).