Thread: Henna Addict

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: Henna Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Rosetta View Post
    Hmm, that was a "slight" overreaction... And it's not very nice to tell me to "shut up", as I wasn't the one suggesting this theory in the first place, just reporting what was said in that thread, so it would be best to post your objections there instead...
    Rosetta , the 'shut up' comment was merely using modern lingo, in the same way as 'no way.'
    It most certainly was not intended literally speaking.
    Like I said before I have zero interest in debating the issue . People most certainly have EVERY right to their own opinion. My suggestion that it was 'wrong' was HUMOUR which I thought was obvious but for those who thought otherwise I will clarify it. I was joking !

Because of my name hennalonghair I get many PM's from people inquiring about henna. I attract many henna lovers. Unfortunately I also attract many henna haters and I most certainly have no desire to take on a whole clan of henna haters.
    Perhaps the "I hate henna" thread would be more suitable to vent out your henna frustrations than this one cause I refuse to get into a conflict or debate about it.

I won't be posting in this thread any longer
    Last edited by hennalonghair; December 29th, 2014 at 07:08 AM.

Length
    13/35/40
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Well, leaving henna on your hair for several hours can eventually cause hygral fatigue. Rinsing the mud out, I imagine, is somewhat abrasive to the hair surface. My hair does feel a bit weak after being wet for so long, but I'm still sure it's less damaging than box dyes. Some deposit dyes could probably be less damaging. I've tried some, but I like how henna makes shiny hair look more dramatically shiny, since it's so different in light and shade.

Length
    ShL/30/TBL
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Rosetta View Post
    Hmm, that was a "slight" overreaction... And it's not very nice to tell me to "shut up", as I wasn't the one suggesting this theory in the first place, just reporting what was said in that thread, so it would be best to post your objections there instead...

sorry for posting this, but this reminded me too much of one of my favourite scenes from princess diaries! (I just love Julie Andrews )

Anyways, as for the thread topic- I totally find henna addictive! I was all set to stop a few months ago, but went straight back to it the minute I had roots coming in! Sometimes I get tired of the mess, but for the most part, I love the ritual, and I'm also addicted to the colour!
    << on the journey to grow back to this length and beyond

Length
    18.00/22.5/29
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Here is my henna'd hair... it was already so dark, so the red only shows in the sun really. Excited to do a few more applications to get it darker though. It think it looks really uneven and ugly at the moment. I don't really like my hair short and the sunlight really shows all the damage in my hair.

Last edited by Kome; December 29th, 2014 at 07:00 PM.

Length
    18.00/22.5/29
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cole View Post
    You skipped the henna on your bangs? What a neat idea! Is it so you can play around with temporary hair colors still? I miss dying my hair all sorts of shades to fit my mood. I think that'd be a fun, easy fix for it... 'course, I was also working on growing my bangs out.
    Yes... I like to be able to change the coloring on my bangs still. I let myself do whatever I want with my bangs and try and keep the rest of my hair healthy... well... until last March when I bleached it all and cut it all off! Starting over now though and doing the same concept again.

Length
    18.00/22.5/29
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

And as far as henna being as damaging as bleach.... I had that reaction ONCE and it was because I had used Lavender oil to terp the henna and then put it in the freezer for a few months. This really dryed out my hair so bad it felt like I'd bleached it. It'd blame the essential oil though and not the henna as Lavender oil is specifically used on greasier hair and mine is already quite dry.

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Caraid♫ View Post

sorry for posting this, but this reminded me too much of one of my favourite scenes from princess diaries! (I just love Julie Andrews )

Anyways, as for the thread topic- I totally find henna addictive! I was all set to stop a few months ago, but went straight back to it the minute I had roots coming in! Sometimes I get tired of the mess, but for the most part, I love the ritual, and I'm also addicted to the colour!
    I know I said I wasn't going to post back in this thread again but this is priceless. and soooo appropriate. Hilariously funny. That movie was awesome. They couldn't have matched Julie Andrews with another leading actress better than they did and Julie's role was a far cry from the 'Sound of Music.' -another great role but completely differently. Talk about versatility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kome View Post
    Here is my henna'd hair... it was already so dark, so the red only shows in the sun really. Excited to do a few more applications to get it darker though. It think it looks really uneven and ugly at the moment. I don't really like my hair short and the sunlight really shows all the damage in my hair.

I LOVE the colour you have on your bangs. I am currently growing in my greys but am still planning on colouring my bangs the same way. That's awesome
    Yes... I like to be able to change the coloring on my bangs still. I let myself do whatever I want with my bangs and try and keep the rest of my hair healthy... well... until last March when I bleached it all and cut it all off! Starting over now though and doing the same concept again.
    And as far as henna being as damaging as bleach.... I had that reaction ONCE and it was because I had used Lavender oil to terp the henna and then put it in the freezer for a few months. This really dryed out my hair so bad it felt like I'd bleached it. It'd blame the essential oil though and not the henna as Lavender oil is specifically used on greasier hair and mine is already quite dry.
    Oh no doubt I've had experiments that have had terrible results myself including adding lemon juice when I didn't know any better, or adding too much tea tree oil. Even the fact that henna is a heavy gritty substance sitting on the hair can in fact cause some mechanical damage, for sure, but I don't think I could ever ever compare any of my henna treatments to bleach.
    Not that I wanna open up that can of worms again

Great pics Kome and thanks for sharing

Length
    ShL/30/TBL
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

The pink bangs look awesome with your burgundy-ish henna! It doesn't look uneven to me in these pics, but I think going darker will look nice too!

Quote Originally Posted by hennalonghair View Post
    I know I said I wasn't going to post back in this thread again but this is priceless. and soooo appropriate. Hilariously funny. That movie was awesome. They couldn't have matched Julie Andrews with another leading actress better than they did and Julie's role was a far cry from the 'Sound of Music.' -another great role but completely differently. Talk about versatility.
    I agree completely- Julie Andrews and Anne Hathaway were perfect together in this movie!
    << on the journey to grow back to this length and beyond

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I'm full-blown in love with hennaing my hair. Not just the color I get from it, but the whole process. It's very relaxing. I live in a world of constant stress and worry and anxiety and getting to play with my hair is so nice.

I henna gloss on the roots-only every week- my percentage is like 20% henna and the rest cassia, mixed with conditioner. I get a very nice red from it. I'm careful not to let it touch the length because I don't want too much of a color buildup.

this is a picture of what it looks like
    Last edited by maborosi; December 30th, 2014 at 12:32 AM.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Rosetta , the 'shut up' comment was merely using modern lingo, in the same way as 'no way.'
    It most certainly was not intended literally speaking.
    Like I said before I have zero interest in debating the issue . People most certainly have EVERY right to their own opinion. My suggestion that it was 'wrong' was HUMOUR which I thought was obvious but for those who thought otherwise I will clarify it. I was joking !
    Ok, I'm glad to hear it wasn't meant as rudely as it sounded... (Perhaps there was also a cultural difference at issue here...)

Perhaps the "I hate henna" thread would be more suitable to vent out your henna frustrations than this one cause I refuse to get into a conflict or debate about it.
    ...But this again is quite rude - where an earth did you get the idea that I would be a "henna hater", or have any frustrations about henna..?? No way, quite contrary... As I've clearly said. But if you want to jump into wrong conclusions, then I can't help it... And definitely don't want to get into a debate with someone who does that.

But others, please get on with discussing henna addiction
    Last edited by Rosetta; December 30th, 2014 at 05:20 AM.