Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Love hair compliments/attention?

Length
    CBL/Hip/Term
    Type
    1a/F/i

Default Re: Love hair compliments/attention?

While I'd prefer that strangers not mess with my hair, at least not without asking...I would welcome compliments. I wear my hair up so much, maybe that's why...but I don't tend to hear much on mine.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I do love hair compliments - not that I get many IRL as I always have my hair up. Looking forward to one day unleashing the beast and wowing everybody!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    MBL/Waist/Long
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

My hair isn't long enough to get many compliments on the length, although I have gotten a few - always from girls with short hair (shoulder or shorter). I get compliments on the color fairly often, though, and I really appreciate them. I don't really know how to take compliments though, so I always feel kind of awkward about it.

Waist ~ Hip ~ TBL ~ Classic ~ Knee

Length
    25/20/32-45
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

I personally tend to be awkward but if you talk about hair I'll probably open up a lot quicker. And I do prefer for someone to ask permission to touch my hair but I love the feeling of having my hair played with.

Account Closed by Member Request

I more of a person who gets the ego boost in front of a mirror, but i don't mind a nice comment, or even an ignorant or malicious one (at least it sets yo apart, lol).
    However, don't effin' touch it, uuuh... aise fro my mom, grandma and best friend it's something i can easily get pissed about.

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

I agree with the compliment but don't touch without permission. I get my hair touched without my permission way too often, I think curls affect people like this.
    As for actually playing in my hair, I only want my hubby to do this, it seems kind of intimate to me. Well, I wouldn't mind my mom playing in my hair, except that she wants to BRUSH.
    <a href=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/uloma1/media/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg.html target=_blank>[IMG]<a href=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/uloma1/media/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a481/uloma1/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg target=_blank>http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/...psb7di14pc.jpg</a></a>[/IMG]</a>Proud to be a tightly curly!
    (SL-APL-BSL-Midback-Waist!)

Type
    2b/F/M/ii

I never got compliments on my hair until I started dyeing it red, at which point odd middle-aged men started coming out of the woodwork to drool over it. Really, it's been weird. The red seems to mess with the brains of a certain species of male, in grocery stores especially. I even got the icky "butter rub" on the small of my back from one, while I was innocently spooning up olives from the olive bar.

But despite how bizarre those encounters can be, and as much as I dance around the comments about how "you redheads have to stay out of the sun" (as I said, I dye; I do not have a redhead's complexion) I still like the compliments. I enjoy telling them to my husband and seeing him fluff his feathers like an angry duck trying to guard his mate.
    If my hair grows long enough, will I turn into a mermaid?

Banned
    Length
    1''/APL/?

Compliments are nice but generally I don't like attention because of my hair and I never know how to respond to things people say, but maybe that's a guy thing.

Length
    22.5/25.25/??
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by woodswanderer View Post
    I like it just the same as getting a compliment on jewelry or clothing. I understand intellectually that some people hate any sort of attention, but at the same time I don't exactly [I]get[I] it.

I don't wear my hair down in hopes of getting extra attention. I just do it because I think it is my best look...no different than putting on makeup to look nice...also sometimes the weight gets to me when I have it up. At the same time, if someone does give me a compliment, I like it as much as the average person I suppose.

I got a wonderful compliment from a lady at the fair selling me cheese curds. She said my makeup and hat were so beautiful. I was shocked because I do get compliments on hair or jewelry enough that it doesn't seem odd to me, but never on makeup. I don't go to much trouble with makeup...just concealer, powder and Burt's bees lip shimmer usually, but that day I had eyeshadow and my new red lipstick. It made my day...plus...I had cheese curds.
    Great day!!!
    No Trims for second half of 2018
    *deep conditioning & Olaplaex treatment*
    Currently Shoulder length~06/2018!

Length
    12/28/*hip*
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I am glad I'm not the only one that enjoys basking in hair related attention! Because I REALLY like getting complimented on my hair. And, not to brag, but lately it seems to happen more often. My hair's natural texture + henna = super shine, and with the weather all clear and sunny I often get 'oooh shiny hair so nice' and that makes me Of course that's also mostly because I learned here to contition more, wash less harsh and use sticks. My hair has greatly improved the last few years.

I've never had people just trying to touch my hair though, or asking. I think that comes more after the waistlengths are conquered, or with the curly territory.

I also, by the way, try to remember to give compliments to people with nice hair. On more than one occasion, the person I wanted to compliment came up to me to do the same, which is always fun, and also some people never get complimented with their hair even though it looks really good and that is unfair. Giving hair compliments (when I mean it) is even nicer than getting them. ...Well, just as nice.