Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite single hair-stick bun?

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: What's your favorite single hair-stick bun?

Rivanariko, masa_inn, luluj (gorgeous bun shot!), LadyLongLocks (what can I say? your hair is always INCREDIBLE!), jeanniet, Anje, apynip, TinaDenali (I'd love to see a photo of that bun!), Loreley, Bene (lovely avatar bun pic!), Konstifik, Monsterkitti, Night_Kitten, and Phexlyn -- THANK YOU!
    Proud Member of the Renegray Gang
    Lady Arethusa of the Gossamer Garden in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Another vote for the lazy wrap bun. I love that the stick can slide through with getting stuck and its such a secure bun.

My hairstick is almost always horizontal otherwise they tend to jab me in the neck. If the bun is higher I also like 45 degree. For some reason I rarely go vertical

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

A nautilus bun (If it holds, depending on a day) it holds with a one stick, put in angle. Also figure 8 bun works this way. I haven't tried the Infinity bun yet.

TrudieCat

Good thread! I've been wondering about this myself. I like the pencil bun, although for some reason it stopped working for me about a week ago. Must be at a weird length now. Also, I am a huge fan of the wrapped hairstick bun that luluj mentioned - I also learned it from FrannyG's blog.

Finally, the bun that holds like a rock with one stick for me these days is a cinna-bee-butt hybrid. I insert the stick right into the center of the bun, pointed outward, and the flip the stick inward when it touches my scalp and push it back through. This makes a weird half-flipped messy bun with my layers jutting out all over the place. I usually have the stick going diagonally through the bun, if that makes sense.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Thanks, Milui Elenath (I rarely go vertical either -- it's the stick-in-the-neck syndrome, I think), Henrietta, and TrudieCat!! I'd love to do the wrapped stick, but I think my hair is too thick (or it seemed like it was when I tried it previously). Now that my hair is a bit longer, I'll have to give that a try again. TrudieCat, your cinna-bee-butt hybrid sounds interesting!

Length
    13/30/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Pencilbun, nautilus and lazy wrap bun holds fairly well, but my favourite bun that holds all day is the hypnobun. I can't find a pic of me wearing it though I'll try to fix it later

Type
    1c/M/iii

I do LadyLongLocks, JJJ's, pretzel bun but instead of pulling the end back all the way through I leave the end in the loop and use a single stick rather than combs. I hope that makes sense.

I could run a marathon with that bun in (haha, yeah, me run a marathon... not!) and it wouldn't move. It is fast, easy and doesn't seem to "pop" hairs as much as some others I have tried.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Thank you, eamane (I'd love to see a pic of you wearing the hypnobun!) and SurprisingWoman -- I actually think I understand your instructions; it would turn out a bit like a lazy wrap bun (sort of), right? If it's marathon worthy (even if you don't actually run the marathon), that's quite an endorsement.

Length
    14"/28"/hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Infinity bun...... held sideways w/ one stick ) Ketylo holds best for me..... will post pics and link latr.
    Am FINALLY at waist (note to self, update siggy pic)... To maintain or to not maintain (keep growing).... that is now the question

Length
    ear/TBL+!/?
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Great thread, Pixna! I've picked up some new styles to try.

I often use KarenLynn's knot (I use her variation for longer hair):
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...e&articleid=29
    Lady Xi of the Maple Tree in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights!
    Avatar picture from Brunnhilde with her horse at the mouth of the cave by Arthur Rackham