View Poll Results: How do you dry your curly/wavy hair?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • air dry down after combing/brushing

26 24.53%
  • air dry without combing/brushing

59 55.66%
  • blowdry

5 4.72%
  • damp bun or braid

16 15.09%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you dry your Curly/Wavy hair?

Length
    14/19/30
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: How do you dry your Curly/Wavy hair?

I use a tangle teaser in the shower after my shampoo bar and before my ACV rinse, then I use a microfiber towel and gentle squeeze out the water and let air dry. When it was longer I just detangled in the shower and put it in a bun while damp/wet.

Length
    2/35/38
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I always allow my curly hair to air dry. I normally wear it up in a bun so it's fairly easy to take care of it. But now it's getting into the lengths where I've been considering wearing it down from time to time as sort of a treat for myself. When I do wear my hair down, I also let it air dry. I don't touch my hair at all until it's dry. Then I like to fluff the hair on the back of my head near the neckline in order to fluff it out a bit at the roots. When I don't touch my curls and they dry, the separate themselves out into sections of curls.
    Naturally long curly red hair. Currently at WL and growing.
    SL~~ APL~~BSL~~MBL~~WL

Length
    24/31/37
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I try to leave my hair alone when it's whet, this way my waves appear.

Wittingly Unpronounceable fišrildi's Avatar
    Length
    26"/40"/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Finger combing, argan oil on the ends, and air dry (sometimes down, and others in a french braid).

Lady Anairė of the Bow and Arrow, Wizardess of the Tundra Waterfalls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCL • TBL • Classic

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

I air dry after scrunching my products in and plopping for 5-10 minutes to remove excess moisture. In the winter, I'll use a diffuser on a low, warm setting to get more of the wet out.

If I were to comb my hair after a shower, it would become a monster! I detangle before I wash and that's good enough for my hair.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    26 in/27 in/45 in
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I don't have a desired look, other than to keep it healthy looking. After that I let my hair do what it wants. Right now, I just changed to washing my hair once a week, I use a sulfate free shampoo, then I condition. I leave the condish in till I finish my other shower things, then rinse it out. I scrunch my hair damp, then apply Cantu's coconut curling cream for naturals, and argan oil. I then, grab a cotton tee shirt, and *try* to plop my hair. I leave it in for 10 mins, then just take it out and let my hair air dry. I like combing my dry hair, after I wash.

Length
    APL/APL/WL +
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

I dry my hair several ways. I apply product when my hair is soaking wet. I'll scrunch or finger coil & blot w/ a micro fiber towel or t-shirt then air dry. When I wash my hair at night i'll finger coil & sleep w/ it wrapped. If I have to diffuse, i'll use cool air until it's 80% dry.
    I wash 2-3 times a week. I bun b/c of protective styling. I finger coil to blend my textures (I am transitioning) & it seems to lock in moisture. I also like how it looks once it's dried & separated. My desired look for now is for it to be presentable w/o it looking too wild.
    Last edited by Santi; August 26th, 2014 at 03:13 AM.

Multiple Accounts
    Length
    APL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

I just wear it in a cotton T shirt turban for 5-10 minutes, then simply air dry. Takes about 2-3 hours.

Co-wash and comb with a detangler comb in the shower, squeeze out water, and apply some extra conditioner, especially to ends, plop into a turbie. Then usually just bun it and go about my business. If I plan to wear it down, instead I spray on additional leave-in conditioner, arrange the part, fluff the roots, and let air dry without touching it at all. That's a pain because I have to sit pretty still for the curl pattern to come out best and it takes a long time to dry.

If the ends don't retain the curl pattern when it's down, I add in something like Redken Tousle Whip (cream) or spray heavily with leave-in to get them damp and then scrunch them.

Length
    4/21/40
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I detangle with a bodyshop wooden comb, CWC, and then put it in a turban with a microfibre towel. I switch ends of the towel once the water soaks through, then let my hair air dry. I tried doing Curly Girl, but it was just too much hassle for me. Also, I prefer to wash my hair at night, so my wurls would be ruined by the morning anyways.