Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What inspires you to grow?

Length
    1/1/hip
    Type
    1b/M/C/i

Default Re: What inspires you to grow?

Crystal Gayle. She looks amazing with floor length hair.

Length
    BSL/WL!/knee+
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Kitten View Post
    Initially I wanted to have the hair I had when I was a kid, but after I started looking on the internet, this pic was definitely my biggest inspiration (before I joined the LHC)
    Oh my gosh! That was my inspiration, too!

My original inspiration was Rapunzel in Tangled. I was watching that movie when all of a sudden, I just knew I wanted long hair. It was like something clicked or a lightbulb went on over my head.

She's still my inspiration, along with many of the people here.

Length
    CBL/WL/CL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Just seeing long shiny hair inspires me. I love hippie styles. Braids and flowers in long, flowing natural looking hair is so beautiful to me.
    Even if it looks kinda messy but its long and shiny and looks like it was just air dried, it is beautiful. I still cant figure out how to post pictures into the
    post or else I would!

this might sound funny, but i get inspired by how my hair is now that i'm taking care of it, to see how it will look helthly long. (its at BSL now) i want to see how my curls will look long since they are very tight little ringlets.

Length
    BSL/MB/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Ruslana Korshunova (model with knee length hair - killed herself in 2008, I think) was who started it for me and she still amazes me with her hair. She was the first person I'd ever seen with hair longer than waist length.

But Natalie Dormer's (Anne Boleyn's) hair in The Tudors is to die for and my biggest inspiration nowadays. When my virgin hair grows out long I plan to henna it so I can look exactly like her (except she's breathtakingly beautiful, I can't copy that)
    Last edited by catarinalaree; July 30th, 2011 at 12:01 PM.
    BSL Midback Waist Hip Tailbone Classic More?
    4" virgin hair

Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by sarahbrownie View Post
    So one day I can sit at a desk at my college like this.

BTW, I'm pretty sure I had the same dress for my barbie.
    What a wonderful photo and inspiration, Sarahbrownie! Thanks for posting! Those Victorian ladies and girls sure took wonderful care of their fabulous locks!

Length
    BSL/Waist/Knee
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Madora View Post
    What a wonderful photo and inspiration, Sarahbrownie! Thanks for posting! Those Victorian ladies and girls sure took wonderful care of their fabulous locks!
    I guess the Victorian women didn't have all the "cones" and chemicals and stuff we put into our hair these days. Plus, it was fashionable back then to have very long hair. I don't understand why today's fashion is either cutting the hair in a weird line, like a slash /// or horrible cheap-looking extensions ASO Katie Price.

Length
    18/37/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pink.sara View Post
    Hahaha Barbie! Ironically at 6 or 7 I proclaimed to my mother that one day I would have long pink hair just like my Glitter 'n' Gold Jem doll. Now I do!

She had a lever on her back that made her hair longer or wound it back in for her 'day' look. And she was the lead singer in a punk band (so was I). Jem would kick Barbies butt, and frequently Cindy's too in my kitchen.
    (Bolding mine.) When can we bio-engineer ourselves to have a lever like that? I want one!

Collarbone --> Hip --> ??

Length
    ???/20"/31"
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

One of my inspirations was Shakira. I love how wild her hair is, and how amazing it looks when she whips it to and fro when she belly-danced in her older videos.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CRs-NtSUpK...92/shakira.jpg

Length
    27/42/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Curiousity, primarily. I've had my hair hip-length with very little taper, and I've wanted to know just how far it'll grow for a while. That's why I joined LHC - I needed to learn how to put it up and deal with it when it's longer than waist, because I start getting tangly past there.
    Lady Blaze Sweetsong of the Swift Arrow and the Law Scroll, Priestess of the Divine Flame in the Order of Long-Haired Knights, with her service dog Sir Foofus