Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any cone fans?

Length
    Chin/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Any cone fans?

I can't imagine stopping using cones (they're what makes my hair look good...) but I do have problems with breakage at the ends of my hair. Could this be from buildup? Should I be doing more vinegar rinses?

Length
    FLIP/APL/CLA
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I have gone cone free for the last few months and my hair is sort of angry. I'm wondering if I should go back, but I just bought a huge bottle of Giovanni 50:50 so I'm on the cone free train for a few more months...
    Lady Vanlanthiriel of the Cascading Waterfalls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    2b/ M / ii - started castor oil blend Aug 1, 2011
    Current: APL l Goal: Waist

>I can't imagine stopping using cones (they're what makes my hair look good...) but I do have problems with breakage at the ends of my hair. Could this be from buildup? Should I be doing more vinegar rinses?>

vinegar won't take out Dimethicone, one of the most prevaling silicones, most shampoo will, as will a beer or vodka rinse. But most likely a bit of coconut oil in the bottom would help more. Coconut oil has been my favorite tip thus far. I used to use almond or EVOO but my hair really likes the coconut.

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by allnight avenue View Post
    I can't imagine stopping using cones (they're what makes my hair look good...) but I do have problems with breakage at the ends of my hair. Could this be from buildup? Should I be doing more vinegar rinses?
    You might also be having issues if your hair is protein-sensitive. I know my hair can't stand large amounts of protein, or else the ends get very dry and tend to break.

~maborosi~

Length
    58 in/43 in/43 in
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Another conehead here. I love the slip and the shine; without them my hair is out of control. I have to say I've never clarified I never felt the need.

Length
    18/26/?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I noticed that there are many hair twins and hair cousins in this thread, especially in the 1c-2a M range. I wonder if there's any reasoning for that.

Length
    sl/apl/hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

I am a cone fan too. I love the slip and shine they give my hair. Of course clarifying is in order every now and then but it's not a problem to me.

Guilty as charged

Length
    SL/MB/T
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I love cones! It makes my hair feel soft and silky, makes detangling easy, and gives a shine that others envy!

Length
    Chin/36/Term
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Guilty.

For the past two weeks I've been been trying cone free CO, and it's been kind of frizzy looking, at least the first day, and not as smooth and shiny as I'm used to. Soft though. Today I was finally able to find a store that sells coconut oil so I'm adding that to my routine. I'm going to try CO only and coconut oil for a while and see how my hair handles it. Dropping the cones, going CO only, and buying coconut oil has been my first major change since joining LHC.

If it doesn't go back to having slip and shine though, I think I'm going to have to resort back to my tried and true cone products. I'm especially missing my Silk Drops from Mastercuts. Instant frizz-be-gone!