Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can you guys do a high ponytail?

Banned
    Type
    1a/C/iii

Default Re: Can you guys do a high ponytail?

Feli you need to use either a fine tooth rat tail comb like this

or even better a 100% boar bristle brush like these 4

and then completely brush all of your hair on your scalp back smoothly before bending over to pull your hair tightly into the high ponytail. You should actually use either the rat tail comb or the boar bristle brush to brush and smooth over the hair on your scalp before securing it with the hair elastic.

Length
    23/30/41
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Ericthegreat: thanks for your tips. I've never tried with a comb, maybe I'll have to get one. I've tried with my boar bristle brush though and somehow have a problem holding all my hair and brushing out the bumps. I've often wondered whether other people's hair just lies more smoothly than mine. even if I think I've got everything smoothed out, by the time I've got a hair tie in, bumps have reappeared!

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Feli View Post
    Ericthegreat: thanks for your tips. I've never tried with a comb, maybe I'll have to get one. I've tried with my boar bristle brush though and somehow have a problem holding all my hair and brushing out the bumps. I've often wondered whether other people's hair just lies more smoothly than mine. even if I think I've got everything smoothed out, by the time I've got a hair tie in, bumps have reappeared!
    I can't do it with a boar bristle either, the same thing happens - either I can't hold the hair, or the bumps just magically re-appear (slightly wavy hair, heh)

but a fine-toothed comb works for me!
    When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy”. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life.

Banned
    Type
    1a/C/iii

Feli, what really helps to further smooth out any unwanted hair bumps is to wet only the scalp part of your hair. I have a water spray bottle which I use to spray over my scalp. You could also use a mixture of both water and leave-in conditioner, or water and a little bit of your regular conditioner to slick back your hair. You can even use oil to slick back your hair, any oil is good in this case so why not try coconut or olive oil as well. Apply either the water or the leave-in conditioner or the oil (take your choice) onto your scalp before using either the rat tail comb or the bristle brush to brush over your hair smooth. Make sure you have brushed ALL of your hair from every part of your head and then hold it tightly in a neat, high ponytail and then you secure it with the hair elastic.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    shldr/shldr/shldr

I often wear my hair in a high ponytail. It looks cute on me. In fact, I'm wearing my hair up now. I usually use a scrunchie because I think it's "safer" than a regular hair elastic.

Longhaired Intellectual Periwinkle's Avatar
    Length
    ~APL+/waist/TB+
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Depends what you mean by 'high'. If you mean at the crown, then I can do it but I don't because it doesn't suit me (and would probably get uncomfortable too). If you mean in the centre of the head, then that's what I normally do.

September 2013 - waist length (though not on its best day!)
    Back to the LHC regime, let's finally get past waist length!
    ~ Lady Tyche of the Blessed Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights ~

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I can't do it, the times I tried it slipped down and it never looked smooth.
    (Lady Seiręne of the Unmatched Voice in the Order of the Long Haired Knights)

Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

Something I've found makes it smoother is tipping my head back as I tie it. That way, all the hair is going in the direction of the ponytail to begin with.

Banned
    Length
    ?/26"/?
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I like the facelift effect too, Eric.

I tend to get lumps and bumps in my ponytail and I find that flipping my head over or tilting it back does work much better. I've always been jealous of those girls who can just whip their hair into a pony with finger combing only and have it be perfectly smooth.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    neck/frtp+/??
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Nah no way could never do one hurts my scalp and feels like my hairs are being ripped out of my head