Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Toadstool shampoo and conditioner -- has anyone tried these?

Length
    pixie/Clsc/?
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Default Re: Toadstool shampoo and conditioner -- has anyone tried these?

Mine is on the way too! Hopefully I will get them early next week, so I can use them. I just know I am going to end up buying more scents.

Neoma, I love the etsy.com site and try to buy most of my hair things from there. I am hoping these hair care products will be great so I can buy more from Cheryl. She is such a nice person. In my opinion, you just can't beat hand made items of any kind.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CopperHead View Post
    Mine is on the way too! Hopefully I will get them early next week, so I can use them. I just know I am going to end up buying more scents.

Neoma, I love the etsy.com site and try to buy most of my hair things from there. I am hoping these hair care products will be great so I can buy more from Cheryl. She is such a nice person. In my opinion, you just can't beat hand made items of any kind.
    Ditto to everything you said!

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    pixie/meh/Meh
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Yay - my order is being cooked up and will be shipped out (which means I should be expecting it in about 2 weeks or so... darn Guam shipping lol).

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Thumbs up Re: Toadstool shampoo and conditioner -- has anyone tried these?

I received my shampoo and conditioner today. OMG, they smell divine! When I got home, I applied a quarter sized dollop to my dry hair, starting at the ends. My hair soaked it right up and it feels so soft.

I can't wait to shampoo and condition tomorrow morning!

I'll keep you posted.

Hmmmm...I think I know what fragrance oil she's using. And if it's what I think it is...you're going to love it. It smells like a stronger version of a natural vanilla scent with brown sugar. Not overly sweet though. More like a perfume smell than a "food" smell. Its lovely though and I know you'll like it.

It's a fav in my house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    Yep. It sounds divine -- A blended base of brown sugar, vanilla and nutty candied pecans !!

I just emailed Cheryl and asked whether she will mind if I post her fragrance list here. If she gives me the go ahead, I will do so.

Length
    pixie/Clsc/?
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

I got my goodies in the mail this morning! I just hennaed and washed my hair yesterday, but I think I will do it again tonight. They smell so good. The hair cream has the same consistency as the Biolage conditoning balm. The little instruction page that came with the products said the conditioner can be used either way. Rinse out or leave in. I can't wait to try these.

I will report in tomorrow.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I don't want to be premature in my judgment, but I think that I have found my holy grail products.

The shampoo creates tons of tiny bubbles and is very cleansing without feeling like it's stripping my hair. I applied a dollop of the conditioner about the size of a fifty cent piece to my hair while it was still soaking wet and combed it through with a shower comb. There was no resistance whatsoever -- my comb glided through my hair like a hot knife through butter.

After I towel dried, I applied another dollop of conditioner before combing. No tangles!

I have been struggling with a wiry, unattractive crown halo for ages. Not today! Today, the hair on my crown is smooth without being weighted down. My hair is light, bright, filled with highlights and super soft. With one use, I went from having scary peri-menopausal hair to having hair that looks like it belongs to a 20-something.

I'm seriously planning my next purchase. I don't want to risk running out!

Account Closed by Member Request

I don't think I should've opened this thread . You all are making me want to place an order.

Quote Originally Posted by CopperHead View Post
    I got my goodies in the mail this morning! I just hennaed and washed my hair yesterday, but I think I will do it again tonight. They smell so good. The hair cream has the same consistency as the Biolage conditoning balm. The little instruction page that came with the products said the conditioner can be used either way. Rinse out or leave in. I can't wait to try these.

I will report in tomorrow.
    I wondered about the consistency of the conditioner. I like the fact that I could use it for a leave in or rinse out..I've never used the real Biolage conditioning balm, but the generic and love it. I prefer medium to thick conditioners (in consistency).
    Last edited by SilverLocks; November 8th, 2010 at 09:31 PM. Reason: merge posts

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by curlsgalore View Post
    I wondered about the consistency of the conditioner. I like the fact that I could use it for a leave in or rinse out..I've never used the real Biolage conditioning balm, but the generic and love it. I prefer medium to thick conditioners (in consistency).
    The conditioner that I bought is a bit thinner in consistency than V05. The hair cream that Copperhead mentioned comes in a jar instead of a bottle and is thicker in consistency. HTH

Length
    7/BSL/IDK
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Question: What color is the shampoo? Clear or yellow?