View Poll Results: When do you think your hair looks more beautiful: air dried or blow fried?

Voters
677. You may not vote on this poll
  • Air dried

497 73.41%
  • Blow fried

180 26.59%
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: More beautiful when air dried or blow fried?

Length
    chin/APL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Depends on if you consider this blow-dried: I let my hair air dry, then I run a brush through it with the cold setting on the blow dryer.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.
    Study hard. Be evil.

Length
    chin/MB/Hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I voted air, because I used to blowdry everytime I washed my hair. Whilst my hair is less controlled now it is healthier- which to me means more beautiful.

Back to my dark side trollkjerring's Avatar
    Length
    Pixie/28/43
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I voted blow fried. But, I use the blowdryer only about one or two times a year cause I am afraid to damage my hair by daily using. I only use the cool setting for a few minutes.

It makes a huge difference for me, my hair looks like silk with a lot of volume and so shiny, it feels also so much better - I have to stop thinking about that now or I will bring out the dryer again.

trollkjerring

Length
    20"/43"/40"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

I chose air-dried, but I used to think blow dried. I was raised being told there was something wrong with my hair because it wasn't straight, it wasn't curly, so it was wrong. To remedy this I was made to sit with a comb and drag it through my thick hair until it was dried to hopefully make it straight. This never worked, and took forever even with my super short hair.

So I always thought my hair had to be straight to be pretty. My hair used to be pretty straightened with a blow dryer...though I'm not sure if my perception has changed or if my hair has changed. About 4 months ago I decided to blow dry it straight. I always used high heat, high blowing and a big, metal barrel brush and slowly go down my hair. I tried this technique, my hair felt and looked awful in comparison to my air dried hair. I'm hoping I remember that experiment and don't duplicate it again, my hair felt and looked like straw.
    I'm not ADHD, it's just... Do you like cookiesSewing Blog!

Length
    16/34.5/41
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Both have their pros and cons. When mine is blowdried it is shinier and less frizzy, but it loses it's natural wave and the shape is more boring. Also,it dries my hair out, so I havn't blow dried for about a year. I'm trying to find other ways to make my hair shinier and less frizzy.

Length
    BSL/49/Term
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

My hair looks better blow dried, but I hardly ever do it. It smoothes it out and it appears shinier. I don't think it would look good if I blowdried it more than the once or twice a year that I do it, but for once in a while special occasions wearing it loose, it looks cool.
    <a href=http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=13465&dateline=1215389522 target=_blank>http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ine=1215389522</a>Desperately seeking thickness!

It's airdrying for me. I haven't blowdried since I was little and my mom would make us blowdry it before coming out in the cold with wet hair from our swimming classes. I wouldn't dream of starting now. I would think my curls would turn really frizzy with a blowdrier.
    "I know sometimes I might seem so ugly, and maybe I really am. I know that I'm not that easy to ignore when I'm really mad..." - Curls and more curls, some hair idols and my hair-story Sometimes upload curly pics on Flickr

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

I do both and like both. Very different results.

When I blow dry it's with a diffuser on low for five minutes, and not to all the way dry. Curlier curls and more definition.
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Air dried, definitely

Length
    long/55.5/long
    Type
    2c/C/iii

I couldn't blow-dry my hair. It eats a lot of time and leave my hair dull,frizzy,dry