Page 3 of 253 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: I Wanna See Your Ketylos! (TreasuresFromTheTree)

Indiana but I travel all over the country for work
    Type
    1c/M/ii

[quote=Raederle;146665]Taking out the sticks that are already represented here, here's the remainder of my collection.

wow, if it's still available I have to buy that white spalted, one for a cousin of mine. She would love it.

Susan

Length
    short/short/long!
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii

Wow, gorgeous pics guys! I have some of those,but my all time
    favorite Ketylo is Vineyard. Its just perfect!

Deb

Length
    0.5/53/60+
    Type
    2a/2b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Raederle View Post

akka naeda, how long have you had the tropical purplewood and indigo royalwood? Mine lost a lot of their color saturation, but Kevin buffed them for me, and they are rich colored again.
    The arrival of the indigo royalwood I posted about it in my blog at the beginning of April so about 2 months. I've worn that outside once in that time, and the rest of the time it lives in a box.

The tropical purplewood I've had less than 6 months, but I'm not sure about exactly how long. I got a pair of them because they were my first ketylos but after reading the posts on here, since I found I only need one for updos, the unused one went in a box. I checked them a couple of days ago and the one that I wear and that lives in a vase in a corner of the bedroom has faded when compared with the one in the box. If they were both put out on a table you could easily pick the one that has been in daylight.

Length
    tailb/chin/???
    Type
    3a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by akka naeda View Post
    The tropical purplewood I've had less than 6 months, but I'm not sure about exactly how long. I got a pair of them because they were my first ketylos but after reading the posts on here, since I found I only need one for updos, the unused one went in a box. I checked them a couple of days ago and the one that I wear and that lives in a vase in a corner of the bedroom has faded when compared with the one in the box. If they were both put out on a table you could easily pick the one that has been in daylight.
    I appreciate you adding that bit, I've been on the fence about ordering a set of purplewood ever since that discussion came about. I guess if I do go ahead and get some I'll just keep them in a drawer when not worn.

I have some ketylos at home, I'll try to post them if I remember. I see one or two that haven't been represented yet.

How well do the forks hold? The sticks I love, I twist them into place so I was always curious about the forks would work. I guess you just have to push them on through. Do they have a good hold? Occasionally a barreiss (I know I butchered that spelling) will squirt up and out throughout the day if I forget to check on it.
    Lady Delenn, Priestess of the Falling Stars in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    18/44/Term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Hmm, that seems to confirm that I am wise keeping my two in a little felt bag. It's a shame, really, because, of course, that means I forget about them and don't wear them as much. And I don't store them in a place that gets direct sunlight, though it does get natural filtered light.
    Lady Raederlhe of Chocolate Treasures in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Tribute to the KL Knot Photos April Hairtool Challenge Photos
    Renegrays -swearing undyeing loyalty to the silver cause!

Length
    27/33/36
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Tabitha View Post
    I've been hankering after a Ketylo fork (yeah, like I need another fork ), but it seems sculpted soul hasn't been active on eBay for ages. I had emailed him about a pink ivory one, and he replied positively, but he never came back with a time he could actually make one.
    I bought this ketylo fork, that was already made from http://www.geocities.com/jcwatkins01@verizon.net/

I contacted him at: jcwatkins01@verizon.net
    He indicated that if he had to make a fork it would take awhile.

Type
    1b/F/iii

Oooh now I must have a set of red sticks and purple sticks.

Length
    21/47.5/?
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

I love my Ketylos! That's my excuse for showing a colour that's already been seen on this thread They are a work of art, and hold so well.

Desert Camo and Agatewood, medium size (6"):

ETA: I have a pic of the Desert Camo pair in action in my album.
    Last edited by jel; June 12th, 2008 at 02:13 PM.

BeyondClassic Webmistress Cinnamon Hair's Avatar
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

I certainly don't mind seeing duplicate pics of the same wood. Share the love.

Length
    shldr/27.25/???
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

*happy sigh* So many pretty sticks! I've been wanting a ketylo for a while and this just makes me want even more!

Chloe- the Tahitian jadewood is gorgeous! I love the vibrant green, it looks fantastic in your hair.
    April 2009