Page 261 of 1331 FirstFirst ... 1612112512592602612622632713113617611261 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 13302

Thread: The braid picture thread

Length
    11"/21"/34"
    Type
    3b/F/ii

Default Re: The braid picture thread

omg that 5 strand is epic!

Jack of All Braids meishkamooshka's Avatar
    Length
    APL/Waist/Long!
    Type
    2a/F/M/iii

Exclamation Re: The braid picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lostsoule77 View Post
    Meishkamooshka after seeing that 5 strand french I actually said "Oh my god!" out loud! I think all the braids are nice. I really like the dutch both down & bunned. The ones on your mother look gorgeous too! She has some pretty nice hair herself. I really love how her coloring looks in these braids!
    And that 5 strand really does take the cake! I tried doing it yesterday in a none french version and failed. I had to borrow my neighbor & her daughter to try and practice it.

That is quite the compliment...to elicit a vocal reaction, so thank you! You've thoroughly made my night along with all of the other kind comments on here! I'll be sure to pass the comments along to my mother. She's lucky to have an amazing stylist who is an expert with hair color (not to mention I think her natural color is pretty amazing too)!

5 Strands are no joke! I literally rested my arms several times throughout the process. I don't have the muscles yet to just go straight through on it! ^.^ You'll probably be there in no time, though! I've practiced a lot with regular 5 strand braiding to get to this point....TRUST ME. This is what it looked like just the night before the picture I posted (and on dry hair it's a completely different story for me, anyway):

Quote Originally Posted by Crybb View Post
    OMG!!!! I love these, especially the french braid round your mother's head! and the 5 strand! WOW!!! thanks for sharing!
    Thank you so much. I'm glad you liked them! I've been feeling so blah lately, and these comments are really making me feel better. So thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by MintChocChip View Post
    Meishkamooshka - 5 strand French is so gorgeous! Come to England and braid my hair please?!
    Certainly.....as soon as I can afford a ticket! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumball View Post

You see, I'd give them all individual comments, but it's easiest to lump them all up with a "Whoa! Nice!" Does that cut the mustard? Your mom must love having you around as her own personal hairstylist. I'm also positive after that 5-strand attempt your arms needed a lot of recovery time. It paid off as it looks great!
    Hahaha. Any comment from you cuts the mustard more than plenty! Well, I only get her on the weekends, and I'm sure she just gives into me because she can't stand her hair being on her neck in this heat. My arms needed some R&R after that, for sure. Luckily DBF was around to snap pictures for me. Haha. Thank you. Always a pleasure to hear praise from a master!

Quote Originally Posted by AlannaMaria View Post
    Thanks to everyone who commented on my fishtail braid! You guys are so sweet! And meishkamooshka, my jaw is pretty much on the floor right now. So beautiful!
    Thank you. That is so very kind of you to say. An ultimate compliment indeed!

That braided bun style is just too awesome! I always want to try it, but pretty much give up before I ever really get going. Mine never looks nearly that neat! Any tips/suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by moltabella View Post
    omg that 5 strand is epic!
    Thank you. I'm honored you think so!

__________________________________________________ ____
    Thank you everyone who has commented. I was having a rather abysmal night and reading your comments really made me feel better. To all of you:

Can I call this hip?
    Next stop: BCL!

Type
    3a/M/ii

Ugh. I get lost when trying to French a five-strand braid. (Okay. New braid goal! Must learn.)

Anyway, a few pics. This is yesterday's braided bun (there are two braids. And I don't know why it's so messy):

Sleep braid, please put the taper and uneveness and bits-sticking-out down to layers!

And today's crown braid, because I haven't given up on mastering this one. Yeah, maybe one day.
    You cannot prevent the birds of sadness from passing over your head, but you can prevent their making a nest in your hair.

Length
    SL/APL/Waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i

DarkCurls - I love that braid you sleep in, it looks so pretty and neat and it shows off all that lovely length you have.

Shoulder Length > APL > BSL > APL > Between Chin + Shoulder > APL > BSL > Mid Back Length > Waist
    50 book challenge 2014 ^^

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Dark curls i want your hair its so shiny thick and perfectly looking

I have been wearing these braids since the weekend its feels nice now that i can feel my braid against my body it feels so long

By wavyone at 2012-07-05
    By wavyone at 2012-07-05

By wavyone at 2012-07-05
    Last edited by bunzfan; July 5th, 2012 at 07:24 AM.
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Type
    3a/M/ii

Neat and thick. ^^ My hair is on the small side of ii, bunzfan -- if anything, I want your thickness!
    But thank you both for the compliments.
    You cannot prevent the birds of sadness from passing over your head, but you can prevent their making a nest in your hair.

Type
    2b/M/iii

DarkCurls, your braided bun is beautiful! Looks like you're getting the hang of the crown braid too.

Bunzfan, I love your braid against that pale pink blouse!

Length
    34"/45"/IDK
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Gumball thank you so much for the compliment! Coming from you it's an honor.

Quote Originally Posted by AlannaMaria View Post
    Thanks to everyone who commented on my fishtail braid! You guys are so sweet! And meishkamooshka, my jaw is pretty much on the floor right now. So beautiful!

Sorry about the frizz around my neck; I saw Spiderman today (which was AWESOME, by the way) and had the back of my head on the seat the whole time. : P
    That is such a cool look!

Lucky girl you! I'd love to meet Spidermom.

Quote Originally Posted by meishkamooshka View Post
    That is quite the compliment...to elicit a vocal reaction, so thank you! You've thoroughly made my night along with all of the other kind comments on here! I'll be sure to pass the comments along to my mother. She's lucky to have an amazing stylist who is an expert with hair color (not to mention I think her natural color is pretty amazing too)!

5 Strands are no joke! I literally rested my arms several times throughout the process. I don't have the muscles yet to just go straight through on it! ^.^ You'll probably be there in no time, though! I've practiced a lot with regular 5 strand braiding to get to this point....TRUST ME. This is what it looked like just the night before the picture I posted (and on dry hair it's a completely different story for me, anyway):
    You are welcome. Just telling the truth! That's what my 5 strand looked like minus the french! I'll have to remember to try on damp hair because when I borrowed my neighbors daughter to practice her hair was damp and it was soooo much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkCurls View Post
    Ugh. I get lost when trying to French a five-strand braid. (Okay. New braid goal! Must learn.)

Anyway, a few pics. This is yesterday's braided bun (there are two braids. And I don't know why it's so messy):

Sleep braid, please put the taper and uneveness and bits-sticking-out down to layers!

And today's crown braid, because I haven't given up on mastering this one. Yeah, maybe one day.
    That is certainly a nice bun. That sleep braid is absolutely stunning! And if I could get my crown braid to look that good I'd be happy so good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by bunzfan View Post
    Dark curls i want your hair its so shiny thick and perfectly looking

I have been wearing these braids since the weekend its feels nice now that i can feel my braid against my body it feels so long
    Those are some very nice braids & I love the dutch braid in your hair!

March 2014 - Almost to fingertip

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Neat and thick. ^^ My hair is on the small side of ii, bunzfan -- if anything, I want your thickness!
    But thank you both for the compliments.
    Oh thank you i really think its getting thicker over time that or the added protein drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Madora View Post
    DarkCurls, your braided bun is beautiful! Looks like you're getting the hang of the crown braid too.

Bunzfan, I love your braid against that pale pink blouse!
    Thanks Madora & Lostsoule77 i can only just master it now i have a problem braiding backwards.
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Jack of All Braids meishkamooshka's Avatar
    Length
    APL/Waist/Long!
    Type
    2a/F/M/iii

Your crown braid is looking magnificent! And your other braids are quite pretty, too! I bet a five strander would look just lovely on your long, luscious hair!

Quote Originally Posted by bunzfan View Post

By wavyone at 2012-07-05
    By wavyone at 2012-07-05

By wavyone at 2012-07-05
    Nice! The shine you have is just incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by Lostsoule77 View Post
    You are welcome. Just telling the truth! That's what my 5 strand looked like minus the french! I'll have to remember to try on damp hair because when I borrowed my neighbors daughter to practice her hair was damp and it was soooo much easier.
    Yes! Damp hair makes all the difference, especially when trying to get down the 3+ stranded braids.

Can I call this hip?
    Next stop: BCL!