Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: The NightBlooming thread

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Re: The NightBlooming thread

Can anyone tell me how one could use the salves as a DT? Usually I do them on dry hair before a shower but even warming the salve up in my hands it's just sticky and really hard to apply. I've seen that other people do DTs with them so maybe I'm missing something? Are you doing it on wet hair after cleansing like a deep conditioner...?

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty View Post
    Can anyone tell me how one could use the salves as a DT? Usually I do them on dry hair before a shower but even warming the salve up in my hands it's just sticky and really hard to apply. I've seen that other people do DTs with them so maybe I'm missing something? Are you doing it on wet hair after cleansing like a deep conditioner...?
    There's a few ways to do it, but my preference is towel-damp hair, then apply the salve in layers a little at a time until the hair is super saturated, then pile it up on top of your head, toss on a shower cap or saran wrap and a warm hat, then let it soak in for a few hours.

If it's easier, you can always float the salve container in hot water until it's melted and apply it as a liquid rather than a cream

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    There's a few ways to do it, but my preference is towel-damp hair, then apply the salve in layers a little at a time until the hair is super saturated, then pile it up on top of your head, toss on a shower cap or saran wrap and a warm hat, then let it soak in for a few hours.

If it's easier, you can always float the salve container in hot water until it's melted and apply it as a liquid rather than a cream
    Awesome, that seems like it would be much easier. Thanks for replying!

Also (not directed at anyone in particular, just a random NightBlooming thought LOL) I saw the Nesah oil yesterday and the EOs and description *sound* right up my alley, I wish I'd been able to add it to my latest order of samples. I'm a little obsessed with the Iyarri blends, I'm an avid fantasy reader and it just is so fun to me.

Hopefully I'll like the Alluvial enough to buy a full size and I can throw that oil in there when I order... So far Tiahmani is my favorite but I want to try more before I commit to a bigger bottle of a particular scent.

Length
    BSL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i/ii

I'm curious about the Nesah scented oil... It has several ingredients in common with the Selkie detangler, whose smell I like. Do they smell similar?

Alcohol-based perfumes really don't play nicely with my skin, so I've been looking into solid perfumes/scented oils lately. This could be an option.
    A lurker who loves swaps

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hailwidis View Post
    I'm curious about the Nesah scented oil... It has several ingredients in common with the Selkie detangler, whose smell I like. Do they smell similar?

Alcohol-based perfumes really don't play nicely with my skin, so I've been looking into solid perfumes/scented oils lately. This could be an option.

I wouldn't say they smell similar, but they'd compliment (i.e. if you used them together they wouldn't clash). I do have just the EOs for Selkie, too

Length
    22/28/31
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

I just ordered some samples and I'm super excited!! I got the selkie spray, triple moon oil and the panacea's salve.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by selenaistrouble View Post
    I just ordered some samples and I'm super excited!! I got the selkie spray, triple moon oil and the panacea's salve.
    How exciting

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    BSL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    I wouldn't say they smell similar, but they'd compliment (i.e. if you used them together they wouldn't clash). I do have just the EOs for Selkie, too
    Thanks for your answer, that makes sense! I do like the idea of added florals, so I'll definitely get a sample of Nesah if I order one of these days. But if it ends up not being what I'm after, it's lovely to know it would be possible to get a Selkie scented oil.
    A lurker who loves swaps

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I got more samples. I'm really looking for my Goldilocks oil so I got little samples of Nesah and Raven Queen's Chosen, even though the shipping is about as much as a sample LOL. Tiahmani is the one to beat but after these two I'll settle down and get a real bottle of something...

Length
    BSL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i/ii

Let us know what you think , Zesty
    A lurker who loves swaps