Page 25 of 58 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your updos (for BSL and shorter)

Length
    shag/waist/clssc
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Show your updos (for BSL and shorter)

Quote Originally Posted by vpatt View Post
    Can someone tell me if I am right on hair forks.......since my hair is short and fine won't a fork with more tines work better for me? And I am thinking that a wire fork will work better than wood or am I wrong about that? I love the wooden ones but it looks like they might overpower my hair right now. Thanks for any advice. I'm wanting to collect a few things now even tho my hair will grow (I hope!).
    I think you're right on both those things. Thinner is easier to get into short hair, and more tines=better hold. Wire forks would be good, or maybe some acrylic ones. I've seen a few of those in pretty colors that look slender, although I wouldn't know for sure since I haven't gotten any yet.

Chin-Shoulder-APL
    -BSL-Waist-Hip-Classic

No Trim 2017!

Length
    Pixie/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Following for all the lovely ideas on here.
    Pix~Bob~CBL~Shoulder~APL~BSL~MBL~Waist~Hip~TBL~CL...We'll see
    WO/SO due to scalp hating EVERYTHING! Slowly regrowing from a massive shed and trimming often to keep the ends healthy.

Length
    Pixie/Hip/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Fericera View Post
    I think you're right on both those things. Thinner is easier to get into short hair, and more tines=better hold. Wire forks would be good, or maybe some acrylic ones. I've seen a few of those in pretty colors that look slender, although I wouldn't know for sure since I haven't gotten any yet.
    Thanks, now to decide where to order from.....so many choices. I did order a stick and a fork made of buffalo horn. Not sure if that is recommended here one lhc. Not sure how well they will work for me....but I can give things to my daughters if they don't.

Length
    chin/26.8/long
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Amazing thread!

I started growing from a pretty extreme inverted bob, so I have some weird layers and hair on the nape of my neck is really short, as it was shaved off in that particular haircut. I'm also growing out a fringe, though it's long enough to pin back or incorporate in a french braid now. Any ideas on updos that incorporate as much hair as possible?

I'm just learning to braid, I can do a single messy french braid over my scalp, ending up in puny little ponytail at the nape, but any peacock twist, would it be with a claw clip (which I have misplaced for weeks, it's hopelessly lost) banana clip or sticks (two pencils make a secure twist, I don't have any actual sticks) leave a pretty pesky tuft of nape hair hanging down. I can of course pin it with bobby pins, but on my super smooth hair they are really visible. And my top layers are too short to do low sitting bun, I think.

Is there some good updo that I'm missing?

Length
    22.5/25.25/??
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Saproxylic View Post
    Amazing thread!

I started growing from a pretty extreme inverted bob, so I have some weird layers and hair on the nape of my neck is really short, as it was shaved off in that particular haircut. I'm also growing out a fringe, though it's long enough to pin back or incorporate in a french braid now. Any ideas on updos that incorporate as much hair as possible?

I'm just learning to braid, I can do a single messy french braid over my scalp, ending up in puny little ponytail at the nape, but any peacock twist, would it be with a claw clip (which I have misplaced for weeks, it's hopelessly lost) banana clip or sticks (two pencils make a secure twist, I don't have any actual sticks) leave a pretty pesky tuft of nape hair hanging down. I can of course pin it with bobby pins, but on my super smooth hair they are really visible. And my top layers are too short to do low sitting bun, I think.

A picture of your hair would help me asses what type of styles you could do. You could also incorporate some headband our scarves to help hold in the layers.
    No Trims for second half of 2018
    *deep conditioning & Olaplaex treatment*
    Currently Shoulder length~06/2018!

Length
    Pixie/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Saproxylic View Post
    Amazing thread!

I don't know how this would work for you, but I used the undo in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ4KSL6nOPE

I grew my hair out from a pixie and when it was in the mullet/bob stage it was my go-to hairstyle. Of course, I have very curly hair. You could try playing around with the twists. Hope it helps.
    Pix~Bob~CBL~Shoulder~APL~BSL~MBL~Waist~Hip~TBL~CL...We'll see
    WO/SO due to scalp hating EVERYTHING! Slowly regrowing from a massive shed and trimming often to keep the ends healthy.

Length
    10/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Here is the Pha bun I promised you lot. I just might plaster this picture all over the forum as I'm so happy with the stick, and my hair looks gorgeous in the afternoon sunshine. The stick is my early birthday present from my DH. He made it himself!

Normally I do get the ends tucked in nicely, but this was the quick oh-I-need-to-put-this-new-pretty-in-my-hair-straight-away bun.

I think it's funny how this bun can look a bit different every time I put my hair up in it. This depends on tension mostly, I think. I can't get the tension the same each time yet.

Carys-Kitteh's Servant AZDesertRose's Avatar
    Length
    SL/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

Lovely, Seventy7! You have gorgeous hair, and I love the new hair toy!
    Not quite APL -> APL -> BSL -> Mid-Back with compact-cut layers and holding a while-> ???

Length
    Pixie/Hip/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Seventy, that's a great picture and I love the stick. I have a knitting needle I've been playing around with. I also most of the time braid my hair for bed. And I still like the Gibson Tuck. But I do still wear it down more than up. My hair has changed a lot as it has grown over the last year. It has a bit of wave now and that seems so odd. I wonder how it will look in a month.

Length
    Pixie/Hip/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

AZdesertrose, I hope my hair reaches your length soon....very nice.