Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Auburn Pride!

Length
    <1"/23"/Term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Auburn Pride!

I'm a dark-ish chestnut brown. If I wash my hair too much, swim too much, or stand in the sun too long, though, it becomes more red and less brown as it lightens.

Feminist warrior-druidess SwordWomanRiona's Avatar
    Celtiberian pseudo-Rivendell fort overlooking the sunset
    Length
    Trim/Calf-/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

#Auburn hair problems: When your hair looks dark brown with very subtle red undertones in one shot, and then lighter and very reddish in other shot. Usually in similar lightings

Length
    Chin/Waist/CL
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

My hair tends to do that too - it's a brunette but has it's reddish moments under certain light. I was dying it black from early 2009 until recently and upon quitting dye I thought I'd lose the reddish but clearly it's back.

Here is me from a few months back, just growing out black hairdye but the reddish is caught by the light a bit. It's all over my tips as well.

Here's my natural hair colour, excuse the silly old picture.

Have NO idea what to call it. Have been referred to as everything from a redhead to a brunette to a blonde. I like to think it's a dark copper of some sort but I feel like it's still too brown for that?

Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Aw man, can't wait to join you ladies after I scrape up enough money and courage to henna my hair.

Length
    shldr/~BSL/Waist
    Type
    3a/F/i

I think I belong here, too! I was strawberry blonde as a baby, but was solidly copper by the time I was a tween. In my adult years, I've often been called Titian-haired, though, as is the case with many natural redheads, my color has faded as I've gotten older. In my 20's, I played around with highlights and box dyes to give it the "oomph" I remember from my elementary school days, and ended up blonde - not a good look for me, so I went with henna to get back to my roots, pun intended.

I stopped henna a while ago, and even my hair stylist can't see where the henna stops and my natural color begins. So, I've come full circle only to realize that the color I've wanted for so long is the color that's been on my head the whole time. I wish it had the same glow under incandescent and fluorescent lights that it has in the sunshine, but I've come to terms with it.

Both my dad and my brother-in-law are auburn, and my boys have red highlights. All of us are freckled, and all except BIL are blue-eyed (BIL is brown-eyed).

So, that's me. I love all the different shades of auburn in this thread. I've always thought it was a warm-toned color (based on personal experience), but there's a nice mix of warm and cool in these pages.

I thought this was a really interesting article on color analysis related to redheads. http://expressingyourtruth.blogspot....ow-do-you.html I am definitely more Amy than Marcia - how about you?
    Last edited by GlassWidow; February 6th, 2015 at 01:37 PM. Reason: forgot link
    Myth: Gingers have no soul.
    Fact: Gingers earn a freckle for every soul they steal.

Length
    CBL/31/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

My hairs come out in different colors... the net effect is auburn, but individual hairs are brown, black, blonde, red, grey, or true auburn. I like to think I match my tortoiseshell cat.

Length
    24.5/23/HL
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Hey there!

I've been meaning to nudge my into the thread for a while now, although I still also need to first make sure thi is where I belong. My hair appears a dark brown colour in shade, indoors or at night, but is quite determined to shine a reddish colour in sunlight.

In the sun:

And a photo taken at night:

Think I belong here?

PS: I apologise if the pics are huge - if they are, I'm not sure why seeing as I made them quite small prior to uploading...

Length
    shldr/~BSL/Waist
    Type
    3a/F/i

Such a pretty fire to your hair in the sunlight, LiiAme!

-Fern, I love the idea of tortoiseshell hair!
    Myth: Gingers have no soul.
    Fact: Gingers earn a freckle for every soul they steal.

Length
    APL/TBL/Long
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I looove this thread! I have been going crazy since growing out my natural hair for the first time since I was a kid! I had no idea what color it was..lol everyone was debating haha..

We were like, hmm its reddish in the sun, darker indoors, then it has blonde, brown, red in it...what the heck color is it!? Well, now I finally know..haha its Auburn!

Some photos of it, in different lighting ^^

and indoors:

Last edited by Arciela; May 10th, 2018 at 10:29 AM. Reason: updated links
    currently approaching tbl

Length
    0-2/37/42
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii

Wow, Cesil... Both your colour and texture are beau-beau-beautiful!

Auburn and chestnut coloured hair is the best.
    ...Did anybody say purple?!
    CBL APL MBL Waist Hip TBL Classic