Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hairstyles for Sleep

Default Re: Hairstyles for Sleep

I just wear my hair down at night. Wearing it up irritates me and I can't sleep well. Glad you managed the sock bun though, that's what I wear while in uniform at work.

ON MY WAY TO WAIST

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

You could use a scrunchie or a homemade hair tie made of tights to tie off your braids. I found the ouchless elastics damaging as well, but larger, looser, softer alternatives leave you with the waves and no breakage.
    Caution: LHC-itis may become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

I should invest in a scrunchie, I looked for them today at the grocery store but there weren't any. I would feel so awesomely 90s with a scrunchie!!
    You can make them from tights? cool! Any other materials you make make hair ties from?

Quote Originally Posted by Carissamarie08 View Post
    I just wear my hair down at night. Wearing it up irritates me and I can't sleep well. Glad you managed the sock bun though, that's what I wear while in uniform at work.
    I wish I could do that!! I end up with a horrible rats' nest when I try, hahahaha! Do you find it hard to detangle in the morning?

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by airmid View Post
    I wish I could do that!! I end up with a horrible rats' nest when I try, hahahaha! Do you find it hard to detangle in the morning?
    This is my hair when I sleep with it 'free' on a cotton pillowcase. Horrific in the morning! BUT I recently found a satin pillow case that I made when I was in grade school () and it's worked WONDERS for when I don't want to put up my hair for the night. If you're handy with a sewing machine, then go to a fabric store and get a yard of non-sticky type satin (because some of them can feel odd...), measure your pillow, cut out a rectange, sew it up, and ka-bam! $3 pillowcase! You get about 3(?) cases out of a yard, if you cut it the right way! And you get to choose pretty colors!
    "I stopped cutting it when my true love went off to the Crusades and I vowed not to cut it or talk about it until they get back."
    Quote from Kat's mother, one that deserves to be used over and over!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

A top bun or braided top bun held with spin pins.

My hair never gets to bad of tangles honestly. It pretty much just stays put. My hair only tangles when wet, but when dry not very much.

ON MY WAY TO WAIST

Carissamarie08: You are so so lucky!! My hair tangles if you look at it!

Should I wear this sock bun at the top of my head or the nape of my neck, by the way? It feels most comfortable at the nape of my neck but will it stay in better overnight if at the top of my head?

Length
    pixie/clssc/clssc
    Type
    1b/F/i

If you want to wear braids, I braid my hair with a ribbon (halved with the midpoint at the top of the braid, then the ribbon braided in with 2 of the 3 strands). That way you can use the ends to loosely tie off the braid without using an elastic.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by airmid View Post
    Carissamarie08: You are so so lucky!! My hair tangles if you look at it!

Should I wear this sock bun at the top of my head or the nape of my neck, by the way? It feels most comfortable at the nape of my neck but will it stay in better overnight if at the top of my head?

Try that, right on top. I think you'll sleep more comfortably and its easier on your neck bones. You do not want to worry about problems there in the first place. Plus, you can walk out of the house with a neat sock bun.