Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What does henna look like on bleached hair?

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: What does henna look like on bleached hair?

It's amazing how it evens things. Manderly I can't see the highlights demarcation at all against the non-highlighted hair anymore, and while I can see the roots, it does not look any less natural than something I've had on all-natural hair a month or two after a camping trip in the desert.
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Nape/Waist/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Oh those are old pics. This is what my hair looks like now......I had used Sally's Ion Shine dark brown to take me back to my natural color (my profile photo is right after dying), looked great, but I can see how it's faded mostly away. Need to order some more

Now you can see the long roots in there. I LIKE roots, it shows me how much my hair is growing.

Length
    24/26/Hips
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Thanks for sharing Manderly.

The color opps, took off all the colour. So you had bleached all your hair?

Your hair looks nice with the dye.

Length
    18/24/28
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

MeMyselfandI, I take it you've just used henna? No indigo in there?

Bleach over henna is usually ok. Bleach over indigo usually = green (sigh).

Length
    16?/19.5/30
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

I got confused over what you were actually asking after I read all the replies, so I'm going to ignore them and answer what I thought you were asking

I bleached my hair for about 2 years--started out as home highlights with mixes I made from Sally's products, but as I got more and more highlights, it was all bleached. When I decided to stop last summer and grow out my hair, I first hennaed--and it was WAY too bright orange-red. So then I dyed it close to my natural medium brown (I think I used Ion from Sally's? It was a Wella permanant product).

I let that grow out for a while, 6 or 9 months, and the dye was fading too bad and my hair was orange-ish again--so last month I put henna over the ends of my hair (I do want the roots to be natural; I've done henna a LOT in the past, and all-over red just doesn't flatter my skin. I'm just using it to cover ugly dye damage; the red looks better than bleached out orange mess).
    http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/n...rrent=hair.jpg

So that's henna over highly bleached, then dyed brown and faded hair. I think that was the same day I hennaed; it's a fairly dark red now and looks good, I think.

Bea

Quote Originally Posted by MeMyselfandI View Post
    What does henna look like on bleached or ldyed light blond hair?

I am debating or not if I should remove all the chemical dye off my hair and rehenna it. I once bleached it so I am wondering what colour the henna will be.

Would I ever be able to get a dark colour build up?

Length
    Nape/Waist/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MeMyselfandI View Post
    Thanks for sharing Manderly.

The color opps, took off all the colour. So you had bleached all your hair?

Your hair looks nice with the dye.

No, I hadn't bleached my hair. I used boxes of dye. No matter what color you dye your hair out of a box, the ammonia and peroxide lift the color to lighten your hair before it lays down the dye. This is actually why you have orange hair after using Oops or Colorfix. This is not their fault, but the effect of the peroxide from the old box dye.

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by manderly View Post
    No, I hadn't bleached my hair. I used boxes of dye. No matter what color you dye your hair out of a box, the ammonia and peroxide lift the color to lighten your hair before it lays down the dye. This is actually why you have orange hair after using Oops or Colorfix. This is not their fault, but the effect of the peroxide from the old box dye.
    Yep! Except mine was shades o' yellow. Also, if you are doing root jobs from the boxes over time, it might look even while the dye is in, once it's out you can see all the stripey overlap that you made. No matter how careful you were with your root jobs, it's pretty much guaranteed that you single peroxided some areas and double peroxided others.
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights