Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oils

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by BlndeInDisguise View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions, ChloeDharma and mira-chan!

Chloe: The other day I washed my hair and then mixed up a concoction of a touch of conditioner, shea butter, coconut oil, aloe juice (not gel), and honey, and used it has a conditioner. Of course, I couldn't rinse it all out, and it was pretty oily after it dried, but I went ahead and put my hair up anyway. That was Monday, and today (Wednesday) I took it down and washed it. I didn't get all the oil washed out, unfortunately, though, so I can't be sure whether the post wash is going to be as shiny. Next time I wash, I'll make sure and get everything out.

mira-chan: I've done both, and I haven't really noticed a difference either way.

Anyway, even if I don't put oil on a lot, my hair is addicted to distilled water, and it makes it SO soft and SO shiny.
    I've never actually used Shea Butter but i'm wondering if that was what stuck to your hair and was hard to rinse? It does sound like a lovely mix though, i love honey in my conditioner. You might want to try adding natural yogurt too, i find that does amazing things to my hair whenever i use it
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

innocentlookingprankster happylynngilmer's Avatar
    Length
    ???/31/35+
    Type
    2a/M/ii

If I want shine specifically w/ moisture, I'll use shea butter. if I want moisture and some shine, I'll use Manor Hall Deep Conditioner as a leave-in. If I just want moisture, I'll use plain jojoba oil.

My hair loves shea-it makes my hair so shiny and managable. Neither of the above makes my hair crunchy, but EVOO does for sure. Too much jojoba has also left some crunchies, but I applies way too much. For oils, my hair likes it best applied wet, but it'll take shea wet or dry.
    Lady Lynne of the Unquenchable Spirit in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!