Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: did you get withdrawl symptoms from regular hairdresser visits when you began to grow

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Nope. Once I started living in "baby world" I went from 4 times a year to once, and I like it better. My stylist is great, and I'm considering going again in September for my annual trim, but then I think I could just have my husband cut it for free (been doing his hair for 10 years now) and spend the money I save on hair toys -- I mean save it! For my daughters' education and rainy days and home improvement projects. Yeah.

Length
    pixie/tbl/?
    Type
    2a/C/ii

Yeah, kind of. I like my regular stylist - she's so sweet. I had my hair short and coloured for a long time, so I used to go every 6-8 weeks. Even when I grew out my hair from a pixie to shoulder length a few years ago, I was still going for a trim every 2-3 months to even out the layers.

I've been going to this stylist for a long time now. She knows my hair and she always does something great-looking with it. And I love getting something done for me - such a nice change from my regular life where I'm always doing something for someone else (DD and DH).

I haven't seen my stylist since October. I'll be getting a trim in July to tidy up my layers (before my sister's wedding) and I'm sure we'll have a really long chat to catch up with each other.
    Growing out from pixie since October 2007

My blog: Misc Mash

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    shldr/shldr/shldr

When I'm actively growing, I just don't think about the salon and the months fly by. I'd rather spend $30 on accessories and conditioner than a single haircut. I'm okay with going only once every year or two. The only thing I might miss is how good it feels when someone else washes my hair. LOL

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I always visited sporadically anyway. I've always had a dislike for salons.

Account Closed by Member Request

I got the salon itch about a half a month ago, but decided to let it pass on its own. It has, and I'm glad on the length I received.
    Actually, the LHC helped A LOT.
    I decided to quit salons altogether and have my friend cut my hair.
    She's trying to grow hers too (and REFUSED to cut mine when I wanted it all chopped off once) so at least I know I can trust her even when I can't trust myself.

Side note: Today my brother commented how nice and long my hair is getting and how much better I look. He's Mr.Macho man who never says nice things about appearance. YAY!

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by AJoifulNoise View Post
    I always visited sporadically anyway. I've always had a dislike for salons.
    Me too. When I used to have longer hair than I do now, it was mostly that way because I was lazy and hated salons.

But now that I cut some off over the winter and "found out that it was curly," I haven't trimmed since February and the shape is already getting a little blah. Sigh, I feel the choice between long hair and curly hair is becoming imminent. My hair will probably be curlier than it once was, because I treat it differently now, but there is no denying that weight pulls out the curls. Which is why it sproinged up into curliness when I cut it in the first place.
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    13/fgrtp/46
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Not at all. I specifically started growing so I wouldn't have to find a new hairdresser after I moved!

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"--Dumbledore

Length
    less/long/more
    Type
    2a/C/iii

I don't understand the question.
    "All of life is a foreign country" (Jack Kerouac, 1949).
    "I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious." (Albert Einstein)

Length
    1-2"/pixie/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Well, I'm purposely setting a goal of not trimming for a year precisely for that reason..I get the itch to cut my hair every so often, or when I am having a bad hair day, thus, keeping my hair short even though I want it long! (duh!) So yes, you're not alone.
    Growing out natural from shaved head. **No Trimming 2016** 1C/F/ii

Length
    14/25/34
    Type
    3a/M/ii

I think maybe I missed something...I like salons. I don't like cutting my own hair, and my local guy trims it nice for $15 and has never trimmed more than the half inch I asked for. It's like a friend cutting it, 'cept I'm paying him.