Page 2 of 160 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightblooming Panacea?

Chocoholic bookworm little_acorn's Avatar
    Length
    17"/27"/31"
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Nightblooming Panacea?

Personally I don't like the panacea nearly as much as I go the triple moon oil, which I ADORE

Length
    APL/TB/TB
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Oh, it's a lighter and airier sort of consistency than what cocoa butter and coconut oil would be. Those two together would be heavier and more solid like. The panacea has all sorts of good stuff in it, and it's a lovely texture and spreads very easily between the palms to apply to the hair. It absorbs right into my hair, too, and makes it nice and silky soft.
    Note: My starting length of APL is from long before I'd ever heard of the LHC. That's just when I started consciously growing my hair out again.

Length
    35 in/39 in/43 in
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by little_acorn View Post
    Personally I don't like the panacea nearly as much as I go the triple moon oil, which I ADORE
    I have full sizes of both the triple moon oil and the panacea (I haven't tried the vegan variety of the panacea though, just the regular). I really like them both but I LOVE the panacea most of all. It smells fantastic and makes for a lovely deep treatment or a leave-in when used lightly. I cherish mine and don't use it often, so it can last longer However, I would love to use it very frequently if it was sold by the tub full!

Lady Arduinna, Keeper of the North Forest in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    14/37/??
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

My hair loves oils when used as prewash treatments but if I ever try to use an oil on damp hair, I end up with lank, greasy looking hair, regardless of how careful I am with quantities. Oils just seem to sit on my hair when it's damp.
    This doesn't happen with panacea; it penetrates my hair and smooths and detangles without leaving my hair heavy.

I've tried both the normal and the vegan versions and I think I prefer the vegan one. It's a bit oilier so I have to be careful with dosage but my ends seem to prefer it. Not to say that the normal version isn't wonderful as well because it is.

And then there's the smell.

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ibleedlipstick View Post
    I agree 100%. I wasn't trying to suggest that I could copy it, but asking if it is more than cocoa butter and coconut oil.
    But she has a detailed list of the ingredients in the description and it shows very clearly that it's not only oils.

Somewhere between the 12th century and now
    Length
    Bald/38/FTP
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i/ii

hehehe....did we all mention the scent????! Right - off to put some on right NOW!!
    Lady Frolics in the Sunlight-Dappled Faerie Linn & Del in the OLHK

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ibleedlipstick View Post
    If Nightblooming has read this- I meant no disrespect whatsoever, and I would never, ever try to copy your product. This is something that you have put a lot of energy and passion into, and I truly wasn't trying to belittle it. Thank you!
    No worries! I thought it was a fair question and didn't think you were thinking to either copy the blend or belittle it

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

This thread encouraged me to order a sample size of the panacea (and some hair pins) to check it out. Just the oohing and ahhing over the scent makes me want to try it!

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

jeanniet, I'm with you! I ordered a sample earlier this afternoon. lol

I'm a bit wary about the smell because I often hate scents that others love (almond, vanilla, jasmine, coconut scented products to name a few *gag*), but I read the ingredients and I love the way many of them smell, so I have my fingers crossed. I'm really looking for something for my ends and flyaways.

dreamed she was human... halo_tightens's Avatar
    Type
    2b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jeanniet View Post
    This thread encouraged me to order a sample size of the panacea (and some hair pins) to check it out. Just the oohing and ahhing over the scent makes me want to try it!
    Quote Originally Posted by whoanellie View Post
    jeanniet, I'm with you! I ordered a sample earlier this afternoon. lol

I'm a bit wary about the smell because I often hate scents that others love (almond, vanilla, jasmine, coconut scented products to name a few *gag*), but I read the ingredients and I love the way many of them smell, so I have my fingers crossed. I'm really looking for something for my ends and flyaways.
    I had a sample of it a while back. It's been used up for a good long time now, but I still have the jar around so I can open it up and take a deep, relaxing inhalation when I feel the need.

It smells GOOD.