Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Talk to me about AMLA

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_teesha View Post
    i think since shikakai is more drying perhaps the mix of shikakai and amla will do the trick to make it wavier?
    I've seen amla stain shower grouting in seconds...so i woudl assume it slowly builds up on colour, but if your hair is really light you would see it right away.

My hair is dry and amla is even too drying for my hair it would seem, as since ive gone to herbal washes my hair has dried up!
    Alma does make my hair wavier. Then again I'm one of the few who gets wavier hair from henna. For staning, I think Shell said it was very slight. She used it for a little while.

tiny_teesha, try doing a hibiscus powder only wash instead. It is much mroe moisturizing and gives a lot of shine. This will give some red staining though. It enhances my natural red/orange highlights.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

On my bleached hair, amla gave me the most ashy beige color. Used over my henna red, it seemed to cover all the red in its ashiness, giving me that beige tone again. I couldn't stand it against my warm complexion. I looked gloomy and dull. When I reported this on H4H, I was told not to apply amla immediately, to wait at least 30 minutes before using it. The last time I used it after letting it sit for at least an hour and it didn't make my hair ashy, so there might be something to waiting. Maybe the dye releases and demises quickly. Don't honestly know, but it's good to be able to finally use it without it making me so off-colored.

Length
    24/26/Hips
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Henna and Amla mixed together questions?

What ratios?

I am looking for more golden colours from the Henna, I do not want it cool and ashy. (I do not think cassia will do.)

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MeMyselfandI View Post
    Henna and Amla mixed together questions?

What ratios?

I am looking for more golden colours from the Henna, I do not want it cool and ashy. (I do not think cassia will do.)
    I put amla in my henna mix. I use Pierre's mix.
    If I remember correctly it's
    5 parts henna, 2 parts almla, 1 part cloves. It pushes it slightly towards brown.

For a more golden tint, ask Nightshade, if I remember correctly she aims for copper/ warm tint with her henna.

Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/APL/WSL

I use a 2 part amla powder to 1 part shikakai rinse and it never changed my hair color.

Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Try mixing henna, indigo, and cassia for golden blond/light brown. The ratio depends on how long you plan to keep it on for.

Length
    24/26/Hips
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by mira-chan View Post
    5 parts henna, 2 parts almla, 1 part cloves. It pushes it slightly towards brown.

For a more golden tint, ask Nightshade, if I remember correctly she aims for copper/ warm tint with her henna.
    mira-chan,

Thank you.

I really like Nightshade's colour.

Your links at the bottom of your post do not work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexie View Post
    Try mixing henna, indigo, and cassia for golden blond/light brown. The ratio depends on how long you plan to keep it on for.
    Lexie,

Thank you.

Very interesting about the amount of time on hair makes a difference to the ratio. Is there anywhere I can get more info.

I am not sure of indigo, in case my hair gets to brown. I like the golden brown, that is not really brown, yet not henna colour alone. I have thought of using the three together, but I have not seen much info on it. I think using cassia instead of amla, may prevent a colour colour. I would need more info to actually be able to mix a blend together.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by mira-chan View Post

Cassia will help with the golden. My friend uses 1/4 henna 3/4 cassia and gets a very pretty marigold color. With a half/half mix, I get a copper that's golden red in the sunlight.

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MeMyselfandI View Post
    Your links at the bottom of your post do not work for me.
    Sorry about that, I haven't made changes to my signature since the site went back up. Old links don't work.