Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ficcares and sore scalp?

Length
    15.5/APL/Bra
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

Default Re: Ficcares and sore scalp?

Found it! The link to the thread about ficcares and what styles they will hold.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=4248&highlight=instructions+ficca re

Length
    25/38.4/50
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I was also thinking of a nickel allergy when I read your first post. This seems to be even more likely after your description of the red ears. You should try to insert the ficcare in a way, so that it doesn't touch your scalp. You could also go to a dermatologist and do an allergy test. If you think you have a nickel allergy, you could also try to cover the bottom part of the ficcare with some varnish or nail polish, so the metal does not have direct contact to your skin.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    short/15"/23"
    Type
    2c/F/iii

Absolutely it sounds like a nickel allergy. I have a nickel allergy and can't wear ficcares or quattros or anything metal in my hair now, even bobby pins for any true length of time. I get red hot spots as well as little bumps.

eta my allergy is so bad that covering it with the nail polish would not work....I'm also chemically sensitive LOL....
    Last edited by rymorg2; November 30th, 2008 at 08:35 AM. Reason: additional thought

Length
    22/31/36
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by alinakathryn View Post
    I am by no means an expert on ficcares. Are you using the bottom (the non-pretty side) Like a hair stick? Then putting it in? Or are you using it more to slide under the bun with the pretty on top? I've seen people with lots of hair use theirs somewhat like a hair stick. Maybe that would help.
    I use it to slide under my hair, I might try using it more like a hairstick instead. Thank you so much for taking the time to find me Ficcare hairstyles! I appreciate it.

I think everyone is on to something with the nickel allergy, I am going to stop by the dermatologist and get checked out. If it is a nickel allergy I will be a bit sad because I love how well Ficcares hold my hair.

I am not going to wear my Ficcares at all until I can find out if it's an allergy.

Length
    pixie/hip/term

Another vote for nickel allergy. I used to wear strings of beads with a tiny metal clasp at the back and couldn't figure out for the longest time why I always had an itchy red blister on the back of my neck.

If it is an allergy, you can coat the backs of your ficcares with clear varnish or maybe nail polish.
    Last edited by Alia; November 30th, 2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: incomplete

Length
    bob/cbone/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

I really feel bad that this is happening to you, perhaps once you figure this out you should contact the company to see if they can fix this problem or perhaps come out with a line of product that people with metal sensitivities can enjoy. I feel bad for you those things cost a small fortune!

Length
    pixie/hip/term

Quote Originally Posted by Iylivarae View Post
    I was also thinking of a nickel allergy when I read your first post. This seems to be even more likely after your description of the red ears. You should try to insert the ficcare in a way, so that it doesn't touch your scalp. You could also go to a dermatologist and do an allergy test. If you think you have a nickel allergy, you could also try to cover the bottom part of the ficcare with some varnish or nail polish, so the metal does not have direct contact to your skin.
    Sorry--didn't see you'd already posted about coating the ficcare.

Length
    25/38.4/50
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Alia View Post
    Sorry--didn't see you'd already posted about coating the ficcare.
    No problem