Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When/if you wear your hair down, do you keep it in front or behind?

Length
    20"/39"/50"
    Type
    4b/4c/F/M/iii

Default Re: When/if you wear your hair down, do you keep it in front or behind?

When I wear my hair out, it naturally falls some in the back, some in the front on either side. It's not long enough/heavy enough to stay all in the back if I put it there. I've always felt like my hair looks awkward from the back when all in the front, except if I'm wearing it in two braids. And it wouldn't stay in the front anyway, it's big enough that it doesn't get anchored by my shoulders and falls backwards.
    TBL>CL>MTL>KL

Length
    Neck/WL/Term?
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I wear my hair down almost all the time. Without intervention, probably 60% falls in back and 40% falls in front (so 20% each side in front). Sometimes I will push all my hair back, but invariably some of it will go in front next time I lean my head forward. One thing noteworthy, my hair in front doesn't extend quite as far down (maybe 2 in/5 cm) as my hair in back, but that could just be due to the center growing point being more towards the back of my head.

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by kat View Post
    behind. I absolutely do not have time for my hair to be in my way (which is why it's always pulled back).
    absolutely!
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

It's often in front of my shoulders! I think it frames my face nicely!
    P̶i̶x̶i̶e̶,̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶C̶B̶L̶,̶ ̶A̶P̶L̶,̶ ̶B̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶W̶L̶!̶!̶ ....on to hip?

Length
    APL/MBL/WL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Behind. I absolutely do not have time for my hair to be in my way (which is why it's always pulled back).
    Same here, since the only time I have it down is when I'm washing it. Whether I'm going out, staying in, going to some family gathering, etc., I always have it pulled back in a ponytail like I usually do. I grow long hair for me, not for anybody else, so if I don't feel like showing it off, I won't (since it's my choice, not theirs).
    Keeper of the Royal Order of Playful Kitties
    No trimming 2024: 11 January - 30 June
    APL - ​MBL - WL

Length
    SL/HL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Over one shoulder
    Find me at the beach or springs wishing I was a mermaid
    SL- MBL - WL - HL - TBL - CLASSIC - FTP - KNEE

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I at times can keep my hair behind my ears but the majority of the times I wear some of my hair in both the front and back.
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

If I've straightened it, I tend to keep it all back (I cannot stand hair in my face) unless I'm 1. taking pics, or 2. sitting in a chair, because the strands get snagged like crazy, so then in front it goes.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Yeah, I'd love to be able to wear my hair down-- I look WAY better with it down than pulled back (pulled back I look either like my hair is very short or like I'm bald-- neither of which suits me). But I just cannot have it in my way or have to fuss with it or worry about it. (I even have thought about cutting it significantly shorter-- like maybe BSL at the longest-- but still it would get in my way and I'd have to pull it back, at pretty much any length longer than, like, pixie {after all, part of the reason I started growing my hair after having chin-to-shoulder length for most of my life up until then was because I was sick of it in my face and wanted it at least long enough to tie back}... but then... I'd look like I have very short hair...)
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    APL/TBL/Long
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I just let it stay wherever it wants, usually its got some in the back and some on each side in the front
    currently approaching tbl