Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Supplies for UK LHC-ers!!

Length
    ??/32/??
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by RedRose View Post
    Hi UK-ers!

Anyway, this afternoon, I was in Superdrug and found 100% solid coconut oil for 99p for 125ml! I've been looking for solid for ages (could only find the refined liquid expensive stuff for aromatherapy massage before) so was very excited!!
    Ahhh, I've been looking for coconut oil lately, so this is a great help, thanks.
    ??/waist/??
    Products: Terressentials, MM shampoos, honey, jojoba oil, shea butter, henna.

Took an arrow in the knee Alaia's Avatar
    Length
    APL/~TB/Knee!
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

For oils and butters, I go here:

http://www.akamuti.co.uk

I've got shea butter and coconut oil from there, they come in cute tubs and last ages.

Erm. To answer someone's question about Original Source, as far as I'm aware they are not all cone free. I can't remember whether I was avoiding SLS or cones when I used them but the one I found was best was the Almond and Coconut one.

More later. When I remember.
    Lady Aineldiel of the Three-Fated Path in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    BSL - Waist - Hip - BCL - TB - Classic - Fingertip - Knee!

Length
    7/35/50
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by kimki View Post
    Are all the Original Source conditioners cone free then?
    I'm not sure.

I know that the tea tree & mint shampoo and conditioner are cone-free, and that the almond & coconut conditioner is as well. I'd recommend checking the ingredients before buying, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Jezebel
    Lol, I was just about to post about Hand Made Naturals - looks fabulous site, doesn't it? I'm rather tempted to try the Natural SLS free HAIR CLEANSER - NORMAL/OILY HAIR Shampoo with Ylang-Ylang & Lime. I'm certainly going to get the after-shave balm for my DH.
    It does look good! I spent quite a while browsing their site and then had to persuade myself that I couldn't afford frivolous purchases, right now. ^^;;
    Lady Guanyin of the Iron Leaf in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    2a, M, iii. Hip length achieved, Nov 2010! Next goal: 100% natural coloured hair.

Length
    34"/36/38
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

I use Akamuti for shea butter and coconut oil, too, and I am very happy with them!
    Lady Ehlonna of the Sylvan Glade in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    4/??/??
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Alaia View Post
    For oils and butters, I go here:

http://www.akamuti.co.uk
    Wow, that's a nice website - I am tempted to try the Mango Butter and the Murumuru Butter... they're a change from the usual cocoa/shea/coconut butters.

Atheist & child free. Apparently this is a controversial lifestyle choice...

Length
    Short/BCL/Long
    Type
    1b/F/ii

[quote=Gemma;30353]I'm not sure.

I know that the tea tree & mint shampoo and conditioner are cone-free, and that the almond & coconut conditioner is as well. I'd recommend checking the ingredients before buying, basically. quote]

Thats not a bad idea!

Length
    7/35/50
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by kimki View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
    I'm not sure.

I know that the tea tree & mint shampoo and conditioner are cone-free, and that the almond & coconut conditioner is as well. I'd recommend checking the ingredients before buying, basically.
    Thats not a bad idea!
    You can be like me! I stand in the chemist for ages peering at the backs of shampoo and conditioner bottles. People probably think I'm nuts.
    Lady Guanyin of the Iron Leaf in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    2a, M, iii. Hip length achieved, Nov 2010! Next goal: 100% natural coloured hair.

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

You can be like me! I stand in the chemist for ages peering at the backs of shampoo and conditioner bottles. People probably think I'm nuts.
    I did this today in Superdrug because I'm trying out cone-free, and there was a woman who works there right beside me putting price tags on stuff as I stared at the backs of bottles. I then asked her if they have coconut oil which, unfortunately, they don't (it's a small town with a small Superdrug).
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Length
    APL/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Ahhhh, the Superdrug Coconut and Sweet Almond intensive conditioner is my favourite thing EVER.

I use it for deep conditioning and recently in SMT too and it smells like HEAVEN. Good enough to eat.

And yes it is cone free. And my hair adores it.

(I also tried the chamomile and honeysuckle shampoo and regular conditioner - also cone free - but my hair didn't get on so well with those. Oh well.)

As for coconut oil, I get mine from Holland and Barrett. It's not at all cheap but it's unrefined and comes in a huuuuuge tub... refined coconut oil (like the superdrug one) doesn't really do anything at all for my skin or my hair, unfortunately.

Btw, Holland Barrett aloe vera gel is on offer at the moment, I believe. It's good stuff.

...calling on the flying things of the universe & hoping not too many of them are pigeons...

Length
    Short/BCL/Long
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Heehee I did this today and got a lot of odd looks!! I only looked at about 3...or maybe 10