Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY Hair mask disaster: Advice needed

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Default Re: DIY Hair mask disaster: Advice needed

Quote Originally Posted by MoonRabbit View Post
    I waited for my hair to fully dry then gently used my fingers to get the big chunks out and then used a brush for all the small bits of banana. Once the banana chucks are dry it will be easier to crack the pieces and release them from the hair strands.
    ^ That is exactly what I would do in that situation. I think it's easier to remove dried up banana bits/flakes by painstaking finger-combing, combing and then brushing. I wouldn't bother soaking it: for as long as banana is wet, it will stay slimy and sticky and will be hard to rinse out with all the sticky fibers binding to hair, but dry might be a bit easier to remove over a few sessions.

How is it going, - Lizzy - ? Did you manage to get this stuff out? I hope it's going better now!

I've never tried this at all so this is just my opinion. My first instinct would be to put olive oil all over my hair then gently comb with a wide tooth comb or massage it in the hair. Leave the oil in for about an hour maybe, then shampoo and condition. I would think the oil would remove and loosen anything sticking to the hair.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    SL/BSL/BSL/W
    Type
    2a/F/i

What were you hoping to achieve by putting banana in your hair?