Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To fringe or nah?

Really Should Be Writing Unzadi's Avatar
    Length
    12/16/28
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: To fringe or nah?

If you think you'd like it, go for it. Change can be fun. Bangs can take some extra effort, true, so employ the two week rule. If, after two weeks, you still want to proceed, full steam ahead.
    Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead -- Lucille Ball

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

I am anti-fringe. I mean, they can look nice sure, but not for me! My hair parts funny, they get greasy, they get in my eyes/glasses, and need constant trimming. I vote, nope!

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    APL/WL/TBD
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    If you have hair that gets oily fast, remember you might have to wash them separately in between washes - not so fun!

Besides that, it's up to you. It's about what you want in the end.
    Trust me on this one. I've had bangs my whole life, and those suckers get nasty real quick if you have an oily scalp or oily skin!!

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers, or you can grow weeds.
    Lady Scarlette, Traveler of the Road to Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    waist/TB/long

It's up to you of course, but I vote no, as I think most people look better without them. I like to see people's faces, and bangs just get in the way.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    It's up to you of course, but I vote no, as I think most people look better without them. I like to see people's faces, and bangs just get in the way.
    I tend to agree. I'm personally biased against the things anyway (they're such a pain when I've had them), but I also think they make faces look short and wide.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    APL/WL/TBD
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Anje View Post
    I tend to agree. I'm personally biased against the things anyway (they're such a pain when I've had them), but I also think they make faces look short and wide.
    I have mine just to hide a good portion of my forehead I don't mind the face shortening

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers, or you can grow weeds.
    Lady Scarlette, Traveler of the Road to Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    waist/clsc/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Think back to the last time you had bangs. Remember all the things that made you grow them out in the first place. Remember what a pain it was to grow them out. Ask yourself why you want bangs; do you actually want bangs or are you just bored with your hair and wanting a change. Wait two weeks. Then if you still want them, go for it.

I did all these things and ended up getting bangs again because I just wasn't liking the scraped-back look I was getting with my hair up, and how it made my forehead look huge, but YMMV. They do require more maintenance since I have to trim them regularly, although I don't get the greasy bangs problem some people do....which is kind of weird since I have oily skin, but I'm not complaining.
    Lady Ilium, Spellweaver and Technomancer in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    1c/2a,M,ii. Maintaining at classic for now.

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I recently cut some bangs and I don't regret it at all. I just don't like my hairline because it's assymetrical and I have a widow's peak. They're a little thick but I'm just going to grow out the sides and it'll look great. The only frustrating part is that they're oily so fast and I have to go buy a blow dryer and a round brush. I think it'll be great after that and I'll always have great hair. But really, it can be such an individual decision.
    CBL~APL~BSL~MBL~WAIST~HIP~TBL

Length
    cbone/waist/tbone
    Type
    3b/3c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by vampyyri View Post
    I have mine just to hide a good portion of my forehead I don't mind the face shortening
    Same! I've always preferred bangs. When I would get cornrows as a kid, I would prefer that my bangs were left out to cover my forehead.

My bangs are great. 10/10. Never regretted them.

CBL » started locks June 2, 2011 » locks shrunk to CL » WL, 11" pony » goal: TBL
    Have questions about locked hair? Ask here — I'm happy to help.

Length
    20/26.5/32
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Oooh Im still divided lol!!

Might do the 2 week rule!

The weather here is going into a very humid season which doesnt go well with my hair. But thats what im hating right now scraping my hair back to contain and protect it from the weather but hating my hairline and forehead so much and being bored.

But I can see myself getting annoyed with it after a few weeks of needing to give it extra attention.

Everyone's roelies have really made me think of some valid points for and against!

Will have to stick out 2 weeks and see how that changes things!