Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need short hair, no heat styling advice...

Length
    26/17/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Need short hair, no heat styling advice...

Can you post a pic of this "flip"
    starting over September 2014!
    APL-BSL

Length
    <3in/~APL/TMI
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I had this issue. I used to pin it flat while it was wet and wait for it to dry. Then it would dry straight. I don't know if the pinning was less damaging than heat, but it definitely worked. Looked rather silly while it dried of course!

Length
    6/24.5/45"
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by two_wheels View Post
    I had this issue. I used to pin it flat while it was wet and wait for it to dry. Then it would dry straight. I don't know if the pinning was less damaging than heat, but it definitely worked. Looked rather silly while it dried of course!
    Ooo...I like this idea!!!

Length
    BSL/BCL/36?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I second the claw clip idea. (I love that look on short hair, myself.) I used to twist my hair up into a claw clip damp, and go about my day or errands. When I'd take it down, I'd have a barrel curl there. Or, if I wanted my hair straight, but to just turn under instead of every which direction, I would use large size velcro rollers. I would detangle my hair when damp and put 2 or 3 of them in my hair- in only the top layer (doing my whole head would take forever!), being careful to tuck the ends under. I would only do the top part of my hair, so that my hair could do whatever it wanted, but still have a smooth top, with body, that curled under. This saved me time and having to use the curling iron. The last time I blow dried my hair straight, I used them in my hair, carefully keeping them in place until my hair was actually dry (I used to blow dry part of the way dry) with claw clips for my thick hair.

I hope that velcro rollers are an okay heat-free curling method. (Maybe some of the more experienced ladies here would know?)

Length
    6/24.5/45"
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Flowerness View Post
    I second the claw clip idea. (I love that look on short hair, myself.) I used to twist my hair up into a claw clip damp, and go about my day or errands. When I'd take it down, I'd have a barrel curl there. Or, if I wanted my hair straight, but to just turn under instead of every which direction, I would use large size velcro rollers. I would detangle my hair when damp and put 2 or 3 of them in my hair- in only the top layer (doing my whole head would take forever!), being careful to tuck the ends under. I would only do the top part of my hair, so that my hair could do whatever it wanted, but still have a smooth top, with body, that curled under. This saved me time and having to use the curling iron. The last time I blow dried my hair straight, I used them in my hair, carefully keeping them in place until my hair was actually dry (I used to blow dry part of the way dry) with claw clips for my thick hair.

I hope that velcro rollers are an okay heat-free curling method. (Maybe some of the more experienced ladies here would know?)
    I went and stocked up on the claw clips last night . And thank you for the velcro roller idea....I think I have some stashed around somewhere. Must try to dig them out this weekend!