Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic length/no bangs w/ round face . . . Help!! (w/pics)

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Classic length/no bangs w/ round face . . . Help!! (w/pics)

Yes, accent braids are a good choice. Look at that first pic with your hair on the right a little poofed out by your eye. Take just that section, about three inches from the roots you can start a little accent braid with poofy roots which you can pin or clip or french braid and then back into your bun the length of it goes.

The Last Hairbender Dreams_in_Pink's Avatar
    Length
    pob/Hip/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

I feel your pain about having to straighten bangs or they look no good.

But i don't understand how you think you look ugly without them?? You have a nice full hairline so you wouldn't look bald while sporting a bun. Besides, you have a gorgeous face and pretty complexion to show off. I insist you do NOT need something to frame your face

Chin /// Shoulder /// APL /// BSL ///Waist /// Hip /// BCL /// Tailbone /// Classic (final goal) /// All one length Classic

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I agree that you don't need something to frame your face (it's very pretty), but if you're bored with the same-ole same-ole, there's nothing wrong with getting something different. I don't know how to attach pictures from the Internet, but there are a lot of ideas floating around out there. Put your search engine to work!

Length
    bsl/waist/ftl
    Type
    2b/F/ii

lol I have the same problem you have, and my hair has a similar texture
    honestly, what I do is take the pieces of hair closer to my hairline and just cut them to chin length.
    I noticed I had a decent amount of hair cut to that length, though, so I just decided to let it grow.
    Sure, it can make your face look more boring sometimes but its extra hair down your hemline :/
    Plus, I always have a part in the middle, so its not that different than having no bangs
    Don't you know this tale
    In which all I ever wanted
    I'll never have?

Who let the owls out... Hootenanny's Avatar
    Length
    Pixie/Waist/TB
    Type
    3b/M/ii/iii

I think your first pic (with no bangs) is absolutely stunning, and I would be hesitant to chop bangs in for some of the reasons you mentioned. If you want to get around the round-face thing (although personally, it doesn't look that round to me), you could try doing buns with a deep side part and hair swept to the side over part of the forehead, kind of like this: http://www.instyle.com/instyle/packa...189302,00.html The woman in that pic has a round face, and it's minimized by this kind of styling.
    Pixie (7/2011) - APL (7/2013) - BSL (4/2014) - Waist when curly (2/2015) - Hip - TBL - ?

Length
    12/CL/52
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Wosie View Post
    I must have a face round like a football, 'cause I don't think yours look round at all. I was thinking oval. You are stunningly beautiful and I honestly think you look the best w/o bangs. It doesn't look boring at all! I understand you get bored of the "no interesting sections around one's face", though, as I don't have any of those either. I just keep thinking "it'll take ages to grow out when I get bored with them..." (which I naturally will, sooner or later). Also, like you said, bangs thin the hemline out a tad. I love thick hemlines and having a fringe would remove a lil' of that.
    You are correct, her face is in no way round, it is definitely oval. It's just not a narrow oval which is why I think she calls it round. ETA it is almost a squared oval. Not round at all. Not to say that anything is wrong with round.

Hair in Sunlight

Kindness consists of loving people more than they deserve.

Length
    19/hip/termi
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

I think that your hair suits your face as is. I know that one can get pretty bored with the same look all the time, but I think that the first picture with no hangy things is beautiful. Have you thought about wearing your hair up just for a different look?

Length
    24 in/48in/term
    Type
    1b/F/i

I know you want advice about face framing layers, but I really don't have any opinion on that. But I do think that you are being unnecessarily brutal in your self assessment of your face. Please, can you not see how gorgeous your face is??!! Not surprising if you can't, I don't think most of us ever give ourselves the credit we deserve. With a face like that, "face face face" is a GOOD thing. I don't think anything you can do with layers or bangs is going to change that! Your hair is gorgeous too. If cutting layers or bangs will make you feel better, go for it. I'm sure others among us might be able to guide you in your thinking about that. BTW, I have always thought that round faces are the most beautiful. I'm probably biased because my face is a very oblong oval and, naturally, I've always wanted something other than what I was given by nature.

Growing back to TBL! &:D LongCurlyTress's Avatar
    Type
    3b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Diva View Post
    https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1257...=cat_gallery_1
    How about a braided headband like this? And look, the "bangs" in this case appear to be longer hair that is poofed back over the ear on the side and likely pinned under the braid.

But I betcha betcha she can make a braided headband with bangs that would look cool and somehow go back into a bun.
    Wildcat Diva, I love this Etsy site! Just asked for some color swatches! Thanks so much!!

And, I also have curly hair and a forehead with alot of deep lines-you dont have lines, just me , (56 years old and a worrier, but this is for a different thread...lol) anyways, I also have gone the straightening bang route for similar reasons as you as I also have a round/oval face. You look VERY pretty both with and without bangs, but bangs on a curlygirl look good imo, on me anyways, for maybe 5 minutes. If its raining, they frizz out, if its hot, my forehead gets sweaty and they part in weird ways around my eyes. I know the dilemma you are in. So, def try the braided strand from Etsy that Wildcat Diva mentioned, but also try a small poof with your hair in a half up (please see my siggy pic) and then bring some side bangs down or some tendrils from the sides of your hairline at the temples to soften the style. Think renaissance hair framing tendrils, just one from each temple. There are alot of youtube videos out there on faking bangs with long hair.

https://www.google.com/search?q=face...2F%3B512%3B428

I will never cut bangs or layers again as they are a total pain to grow out/do braids with etc. Plus I just trimmed my hemline 1-2 inches in parts to trim off the thin parts at the hemliine as I am growing out my layers. Good luck~~ And you have a very pretty face and hair!
    Last edited by LongCurlyTress; November 17th, 2014 at 08:29 AM. Reason: spelling/grammar corrections, and google search link added

July, 2016 @ 37inches TBL

iluvbooks, you are absolutely beautiful, I agree with lapushka... the first pic is also my fave