Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Poo ? What's your routine?

Length
    bob/Bsl/Hip
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Default Re: No Poo ? What's your routine?

Any of you manage to go around 5 days between any type of wash at all? That's what I'm used to and would love to find a routine that lasts so long. I've even tried spraying diluted ACV right onto my scalp, parting and spritzing, parting and spritzing.... after 36-48 hours when the itchies start, right on the itchy spots, but that only helps a little, not totally. Today I tried a shampoo I bought made at a natural foods store ( http://biosuperstore.com/index.php?r...&product_id=50 ) that is based on fullers earth. I mixed it (it was a powder) with a chamomile tea/cucumber/aloe/peppermint EO mix that I have handy, and washed my scalp. It actually lathered! I rinsed with lemon juice and chamomile tea. So far so good, let's see how long that lasts.

Length
    22"/29"/37"
    Type
    1a/F/i

I only wash my hair once every three weeks or so - I do not even wet it in between.

Length
    BSL/CLSC/CLSC
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I wash (usually twice) with shampoo bars from chagrin valley. I alternate between different ones. (Then after washing I'll sometimes do some sort of tea rinse that I leave on while) I condition my hair with a cone free conditioner. Usually matrix biolage as of recently, or natures gate daily herbal, or mane n tail. Then I rinse. follow with acv rinse. Rinse out and done!

Length
    CBL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I wash with eggs now! I have washed my hair twice a week for over a year now and when I switched to eggs I have been able to keep that routine. I just beat up one whole egg and then mix it with a splash of water and essential oils. I then let it sit on my scalp and hair for a few minutes before rinsing out. For conditioner, I use ktani's catnip recipe!

Currently BSL ~ Next Goal: Waist

The Last Hairbender Dreams_in_Pink's Avatar
    Length
    pob/Hip/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

I don't know much about egg washes (even the thought makes me feel sick, lol) but i can advise you to try two things: sugar scalp scrubs and a good boar bristle brush. Make sure you get a good one though, one that's stiff enough to penetrate to scalp. Even if it doesn't, you could section your hair and brush small sections at a time, to ensure reaching your scalp.

Chin /// Shoulder /// APL /// BSL ///Waist /// Hip /// BCL /// Tailbone /// Classic (final goal) /// All one length Classic

Length
    bob/Bsl/Hip
    Type
    1c/M/iii

I splurged on the brush, but the sugar scalp scrub I have not tried! recipe?

I heard you can't use eggs on hair more than once or twice a month, protein overload being the potential hazard, causing hair to break off! knhess do you use the whole egg or skip the yolks to avoid protein issues?

Length
    bob/Bsl/Hip
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Also, does my Eliah Sahil shampoo powder that I mixed with my own recipe count as a no poo? Or a low poo.... ? There is a soap in there, the soapberry plant sapidndus mukorossi ....here are the ingredients:

• Solum Fullonum (Fullers Earth)
    • Acacia Concinna (Shikakai) (when I googled it's an indian haircare shrub)
    • Sapindus Mukorossi (Reetha) (ayurvedic soapnuts good for skin conditions)
    • Emblica Officinalis (Amla) (indian gooseberry fruit thought to nourish scalp)
    • Terminalia Chebula (Harithake) (tree with astringent properties)
    • Terminalia Bellirica (Bibhitake) (same)
    • Phyllanthus Urinaria (Bhui Amla) ( plant with hardly any info on wikipedia)

I ask because I used it yesterday and so far my hair is amazingly clean, tons of softness, shine & slip (I only rinsed with lemon juice & chamomile tea, as usual) without any conditioner. AND my scalp feels happy, truly happy and calm/content. Let's see after 48 hours when the normal itchies really get going....

I also have a bar of african black soap that's supposedly an awesome low poo bar lathered in the hands and sparingly applied to the scalp? I tried on my baby all over including hair, and her hair was very happy after. I haven't tried it on me yet.

I spent hundreds on every type of fancy oil and EO that was mentioned in the dozens of DIY hair care recipes I wanted to try, and in the end the cheap local shampoo powder mixed with water or the little bar of african black soap might be plenty. Sigh. Ok the raw organic ACV and tons of lemons was useful to buy, too, but what about all these oils? How can I use them as DIY conditioners without weighing down my hair near my scalp? I guess I can use them on the very ends of my hair as a pre poo conditioner, and as a face and/or body serum. I really want to put them to good use, they were so pricey and I have a whole shelf in my fridge occupied with pretty bottles!

The Last Hairbender Dreams_in_Pink's Avatar
    Length
    pob/Hip/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

Well, i prepared my scrub with glycerine and sugar...big mistake Now i have a cap of glycerine on my head that comes off on my BBB every time i brush If you're good with conditioners you can mix it with a cone free one. Next time I'll try sugar + water only, ill come back to this thread with results.

Now I think about it, honey can also be used. Maybe it'll be way too sticky? at least it will wash away with water completely

Chin /// Shoulder /// APL /// BSL ///Waist /// Hip /// BCL /// Tailbone /// Classic (final goal) /// All one length Classic

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    SL/BSL/BSL/W
    Type
    2a/F/i

I co-wash every 4-5 days. Using a really cheap, basic conditioner from the supermarket. I have been doing this since September

Quote Originally Posted by leilani View Post
    I splurged on the brush, but the sugar scalp scrub I have not tried! recipe?

I heard you can't use eggs on hair more than once or twice a month, protein overload being the potential hazard, causing hair to break off! knhess do you use the whole egg or skip the yolks to avoid protein issues?
    You can't get protein overload from eggs.

Length
    3-6/15/25
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

I actually mix my ACV and BSoda together (after they've been diluted) and it's worked great for me and my greasy hair. I wash my hair once every 7 days (I can go longer, but if I use too much cocoa powder/cinnamon as dry shampoo then my scalp gets a little itchy and desperately needs washing).
    I use 2 tablespoons of ACV, dilutted with a cup of water and a teaspoon of BSoda diluted with a cup of water and add them together. I first rinse my hair with red tea