Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: pride and envy

Length
    30.5/?/term
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Default Re: pride and envy

If we were all bald and wore burlap sacks, people would still find *something* to be vain/proud/envious of, so I figure it's better to do what makes you happy rather than worrying about the effect your appearance has on other people. Of course, if it's your vanity/pride/envy you're concerned about, there are things you can do about it...

Length
    ~24"/30"/hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by mallorykay13 View Post
    If it bothers you so much just cut off your hair. One less head of hair causing vain, envious people.
    hahahahaha! I second that.

You obvisouly don't hold any accountability for the fact the this supposed envy/pride/vanity you feel comes from yourself and you need to address your emotional issues, not other people's hair.

Don't project your problems on others to make yourself feel better.

Length
    pixie/Hip/clsc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Pride, envy and vanity are not harmless by any means. However, it is incorrect to blame people with nice hair for causing envy within the heart of another person. They are responsible for their own reactions, and controlling them if need be. We do not (at least, we should not) blame a beautiful person for causing lust in another. We do not tell them to scar themselves or otherwise become less attractive lest they cause another to sin. If you find yourself feeling envious of nice hair, avoid sites such as this. If you are feeling prideful or vain, take steps to correct it. Don't blame others.

Length
    ~24"/30"/hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

And what the hell is up with these hair and envy/jealous posts. Seriously.

Length
    BSL?/??/?
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by alxardnax View Post
    hahahahaha! I second that.

You obvisouly don't hold any accountability for the fact the this supposed envy/pride/vanity you feel comes from yourself and you need to address your emotional issues, not other people's hair.

Don't project your problems on others to make yourself feel better.

Let's try to keep this civil, hm? If you disagree with the OP (as I do, rather clearly) why don't you tell her why, instead of questioning her character or rudely telling her to go cut her hair.

If this is something really bothering her, we have a chance to help her think differently, or at least think in more detail about her position on envy and pride. If anything, this is an opportunity for learning, rather than ridicule.

Length
    APL/WL/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Sounds like we need to throw some cheese at this..

Length
    BSL?/??/?
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by alxardnax View Post
    And what the hell is up with these hair and envy/jealous posts. Seriously.
    Good question though... maybe we tend to get stuck on topics after seeing titles about them while perusing the newly updated threads? Maybe the solution is to revive or start a whole bunch of other threads about tea or cheese.

Length
    APL/WL/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I also think that exploiting other peoples faults in feeling envy/vanity etc. is a way of covering up our own jealousy of others hair. Pointing the finger at someone else to hide the finger pointing at yourself.

Length
    ~24"/30"/hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by gossamer View Post
    Let's try to keep this civil, hm? If you disagree with the OP (as I do, rather clearly) why don't you tell her why, instead of questioning her character or rudely telling her to go cut her hair.

If this is something really bothering her, we have a chance to help her think differently, or at least think in more detail about her position on envy and pride. If anything, this is an opportunity for learning, rather than ridicule.
    Actually I didn't tell her to cut her hair. I agreed with the suggestion that she cut her hair in order not to cause envy.

I expressed exactly what I thought. She is projecting her own troubling emotions on other people which is not necessary. I think her post causes more pain to people with long hair than peoples supposed reaction to long hair.

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I have freewill, I use it.

Besides, there are worse things that a Judeo-Christian deity would send me to hell for anyway.