View Poll Results: How has henna affected the texture of your hair?

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • My hair is Type 1 and became even straighter

22 5.87%
  • My hair is Type 1 and saw no change

42 11.20%
  • My hair is Type 1 and became wavier/curlier

18 4.80%
  • My hair is Type 2 and became less wavy

85 22.67%
  • My hair is Type 2 and saw no change

38 10.13%
  • My hair is Type 2 and became wavier/curlier

9 2.40%
  • My hair is Type 3 or 4 and became less curly

28 7.47%
  • My hair is type 3 or 4 and saw no change

13 3.47%
  • My hair is Type 3 or 4 and became more tightly curled

2 0.53%
  • I'm just here to eat cheese and see what you crazy hennaheads put yourselves through.

118 31.47%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Henna Induced Texture Change?

Length
    0.5/53/60+
    Type
    2a/2b/C/iii

I voted less wave. It's also been more noticeable since I switched to using Jamilla from Yemen for some reason. I only henna the length every 6 months or so too.

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

I really haven't noticed a change in waviness (or lack thereof) since I started using henna.
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.

Length
    17?/close/WAIST
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/i

I honestly think, even though I voted more wave (2) that my other changes probably caused that more than the henna, I don't remember henna doing it before...

Amie
    http://gliders.phoenix.org - our sugar glider info page

Length
    long/55.5/long
    Type
    2c/C/iii

Hello I'm a 2c wavy and I've henndigoed 6 times totally and did 2 indigo glosses so far. I can definately say that henna+indigo made my hair less wavy and smoother. My hair doesn't puff out too much anymore and it took away the frizz as well. I almost have 2a hair some days(according to washing method) and I don't have curls anymore...Also my strands have become coarser and smoother in texture,they used to look zigzaggy(whatever that is) but now they wave in a smoother way

Length
    Pit/Pit/BSL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii/iii

Type 1, no change.

Length
    chin/Bsl/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

My hair was a 1c before hennaing, and a 1b/c after.

I'm not really convinced that it was the henna made my hair straighter, though. A lot of my pre-henna waves were from chemically dying my hair once a month, which made it frizzy and "wavy". Now that I'm using henna instead, my hair looks less wavy because there isn't as much damage.
    *Lady Corylaceæ of the Heavenly Flora in the Order of the Long Haired Knights*

Type 1 and saw no change

Length
    15"/37"/??
    Type
    2b/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    Here's something else that I've noticed... Let's say my hair is up in a bun, and I pet it with the hair...smooth as glass. But when I pet it the wrong way, against the cuticle, it's- rough isn't the right word, but grabby? Does anyone else notice this or am I a mutant?

I'm not sure if it's just that the "right way" is so smooth that anything else is a lot of contrast, or if my hair was always this way and I just now noticed it and attribute it to henna.
    Well, I notice it too, so either you're not a mutant, or we're both mutants. For me, at least, I don't think the grabbiness is because of henna. I think it's just more noticeable, because before I hennaed, my hair felt grabby both ways. I just didn't think about it as much, because I didn't have that wonderful henna smoothness going in one direction.

As for changes in hair type: I answered that my hair has become less wavy. It actually starts out with about the same amount of wave right after washing as it did before I started hennaing, but it tends to lose the wave much more quickly than it used to. I can actually get it to go fairly straight just by combing it as it dries, which I never used to be able to do. Used to be, my hair wouldn't go completely straight even with a straightening iron and tons of hair spray.

2b/C 3.75"-4.25" circumference. Henna addict.
    Blog and most pictures are private. Feel free to friend me for access.

Length
    24/Pixie/n/a
    Type
    2c/F/ii

My hair definitely got straighter.

Nightshade that 'grabby' feeling you describe was one of the reasons (along with dryness & laziness on my part) that made me stop using henna.
    I still love the idea of long hair, but really enjoying my all natural pixie. Contemplating growing to layered bsl & strawberry blond with cassia & henna.

Type
    1c/2a/F/i

My hair definitely became straighter.

This is the only thing I regret about henna. I went from a solid 2b/2c to, dunno, 1c or 2a, at most? I'm still trying to figure out my new hairtype.

Brushing used to have no ill effect on my waves, now it seems they fall right out as soon as the boar bristles come near them. Also, the braid waves from my night braid vanish within a few hours.