Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How To Determine Your Hair Color and Shade?

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: How To Determine Your Hair Color and Shade?

Quote Originally Posted by Für immer View Post
    Hmm, perhaps the same shade as I when I was growing up? Was more white than blond.
    Yeah his hair was pretty much white and curly. My mother was a bit disappointed when it disappeared I've alsways had the same natural color. The rest of my siblings haven't had any changes in theirs either.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/BCL/CL

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Yeah his hair was pretty much white and curly. My mother was a bit disappointed when it disappeared I've alsways had the same natural color. The rest of my siblings haven't had any changes in theirs either.
    Somehow, that doesn't surprise me.
    Lady Moon of the forests of wonderland, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights
    🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc

Length
    21.5/23.5/35
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I don't know how your hair looks (as far as I recall), but yes, your shade probably has a specific name.
    Also, where you are from may determine how you perceive light and dark colors.
    For example, a very light brown shade but that is still for me as a Swedish person clearly brown, may for people from the other side of the world that is not used to lighter haircolors perceive as dark blonde.
    I haven't posted any pictures (camera shy!), but it's definitely medium or dark brown. Interesting point about where you are in the world might determine hair colour perception!
    APL...MBL...WL...HL...TBL

Length
    21.5/23.5/35
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Interesting discussion so far! My hair colour is definitely brown (medium brown?) and has always been the same. Here is Canada, I think blond isn't uncommon but a lot of blonds are also dyed rather than natural.
    APL...MBL...WL...HL...TBL

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by vanillacake View Post
    Interesting discussion so far! My hair colour is definitely brown (medium brown?) and has always been the same. Here is Canada, I think blond isn't uncommon but a lot of blonds are also dyed rather than natural.
    It's the same in Sweden. Plenty of natural blonds and even more with bleach. When I was younger, it was super trendy to be blond and a lot of women bleached their hair (it felt like everyone looked the same). At the moment it's more diverse and I believe, but can't be entirely sure, that more people are rocking their natural color today.

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/BCL/CL

Quote Originally Posted by vanillacake View Post
    I haven't posted any pictures (camera shy!), but it's definitely medium or dark brown. Interesting point about where you are in the world might determine hair colour perception!
    Ok, hard to say without pictures but perhaps you could put brown hair chart in search engine and perhaps you’ll recognize your color among the results?
    Yeah, when I first learned that there are those who'd think light brown is a blonde shade, I felt like "Wooah! Is such a thing possible?"

It's the same in Sweden. Plenty of natural blonds and even more with bleach. When I was younger, it was super trendy to be blond and a lot of women bleached their hair (it felt like everyone looked the same). At the moment it's more diverse and I believe, but can't be entirely sure, that more people are rocking their natural color today.

Yeah, I concur.
    When I was younger, like 10-12, the mother of my childhood friend initially thought I had dyed my hair to get such a light blonde color until I told her I don't use hair dyes (me and my sister used to compare my shade with the samples in the grocery stores, and you just couldn’t get my color out of a bottle ).
    She actually apologized for her assumption!

Now it seems "natural look/color" is trendy.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Ok, hard to say without pictures but perhaps you could put brown hair chart in search engine and perhaps you’ll recognize your color among the results?
    Yeah, when I first learned that there are those who'd think light brown is a blonde shade, I felt like "Wooah! Is such a thing possible?"

Yeah, I concur.
    When I was younger, like 10-12, the mother of my childhood friend initially thought I had dyed my hair to get such a light blonde color until I told her I don't use hair dyes (me and my sister used to compare my shade with the samples in the grocery stores, and you just couldn’t get my color out of a bottle ).
    She actually apologized for her assumption!

Now it seems "natural look/color" is trendy.
    I also find more people getting interested in herbal dyes, as people are getting more and more worried about chemicals. I think that it's both good and less good. The less good thing being, that people don't get how extremely permanent herbal dyes are and that they can't just change it if they grow tired of it. Neither can they go back to their natural color.

Length
    Chin/BCL/CL

I also find more people getting interested in herbal dyes, as people are getting more and more worried about chemicals. I think that it's both good and less good. The less good thing being, that people don't get how extremely permanent herbal dyes are and that they can't just change it if they grow tired of it. Neither can they go back to their natural color.
    Good points!

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

My hair always looks different in photos so it's hard to get an accurate depiction of what it actually looks like. I have fair skin so my camera tends to up the contrast and make my hair look darker.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    APL/MBL/WL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I have light to medium golden brown hair, which is a mix of medium brown with blonde hair. Before I lost it to chemo, it was strawberry blonde, which is a mixture of red and blonde, so basically the red in my hair just faded (or darkened) to brown (not sure if it was the result of chemo or aging. Perhaps a bit of both). Though my hair has darkened by a few shades, my eyebrows and body hair are the same color they've always been, so it may look like I've dyed my hair when I haven't.
    Keeper of the Royal Order of Playful Kitties
    No trimming 2024: 11 January - 30 June
    APL - ​MBL - WL