Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: - How to make my own hair shampoo/conditioner bar, without lye ?

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: - How to make my own hair schampoo/conditioner bar, without lye ?

What you would get from melting oils (and butters or waxes to make it solid) would be like a lotion bar or a balm in bar form. Great for skin, great for oiling your hair with but not a conditioner in way we think about it.

And you do not sound like an a$$ Akilina, you're one of my favorite posters on here
    Routine for my dyed mid back length hair: shampoo and condition twice a week, with Alterna Kendi Dry Oil Spray all over and shea butter on ends and lightly on length as leave-ins on wet hair, and blow dried with a Sedu on low heat

Length
    20/23,6/35,4
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

- Ohh idk why I didnt do this before, but I quickly checked Lush's site, I remember using jungle solid conditioner aages ago, and they have a how its made video and ingredients list and they dont have lye in it, from what I am guessing by the names.

Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnYvSIGtgQc

I think I'm just gonna go for it . . use a lot of coconut oil and lard, and a little bit other nice stuff . O.O
    See how it goes. I like experimenting ^^
    Freegan - Polyamorous - Ex-Squatter

- Sorry I'm late . - That's okay, time doesn't exist .

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sillage View Post
    What you would get from melting oils (and butters or waxes to make it solid) would be like a lotion bar or a balm in bar form. Great for skin, great for oiling your hair with but not a conditioner in way we think about it.

And you do not sound like an a$$ Akilina, you're one of my favorite posters on here
    I figured it would make something nice...like you could melt it into a little finger pot and use it on your body/ hair.

Wow thanks, that is very nice of you to say Sometimes I feel like leaving the site because Im sort of a nobody but that was nice to hear

*sorry again not trying to hijack lol!
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by akilina View Post
    I figured it would make something nice...like you could melt it into a little finger pot and use it on your body/ hair.
    YES! And it's so easy to make these kinds of anhydrous products. Basically it's mix n match with your favorite butters, oils, and waxes. Really fun and stress free.

Quote Originally Posted by akilina View Post
    Wow thanks, that is very nice of you to say Sometimes I feel like leaving the site because Im sort of a nobody but that was nice to hear

*sorry again not trying to hijack lol!
    Haha sometimes I feel like I'm screaming into the void too
    Routine for my dyed mid back length hair: shampoo and condition twice a week, with Alterna Kendi Dry Oil Spray all over and shea butter on ends and lightly on length as leave-ins on wet hair, and blow dried with a Sedu on low heat

Growing by Benign Neglect In2wishin's Avatar
    Length
    15/BSL/TB
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Sure. You're going to have to buy a lot of other stuff tho.

http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.co...ar-recipe.html
    Of the ingredients in that recipe, the only ones you really need to have would be the BTMS, oils, and butters. The proteins, cones, etc are optional. The cetyl alcohol is great and helpful, but not an absolute necessity.

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Well sure you could make it bare bones, but where's the fun in that? Also, for someone making their first conditioner bar, I would recommend using Swift's recipe as is.

The cetyl alcohol is there to make the bar harder, I wouldn't skip it.

Growing by Benign Neglect In2wishin's Avatar
    Length
    15/BSL/TB
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Well sure you could make it bare bones, but where's the fun in that? Also, for someone making their first conditioner bar, I would recommend using Swift's recipe as is.

The cetyl alcohol is there to make the bar harder, I wouldn't skip it.
    You are right about the cetyl alcohol but, in the interest of cost, you can do without if necessary. I make conditioner bars and have had OK results without it, excellent results with it.

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Interesting In2wishin-- good information to know