Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radish juice for hair growth?

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: Radish juice for hair growth?

Actually, I was interested in the extract mostly for cooking purposes. Maybe I can find something similar in herbalist stores, but those things are not regulated well, and I usually can't trust their products enough to eat them.
    I guess I can send you a bottle if I find it, so, it would be great if you find that bottle

little hair obsessed too littlenvy's Avatar
    Length
    10"/waist/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

It is black radish for sure not horseradish.

Here is what a shampoo looks like:

http://img8.burak.pl/img/0/f/2/c/eva...an-300ml-2.jpg
    I love mixing up my oils!

Type
    3b/3c/F/iii

Ooh, I googled black radish and lhc came up xD. I didn't knew it's used in Turkey. It's traditional polish home remedy. Friend recommended it to me few days ago. She said she was balding and black radish made her hair grow back. I would have never guessed. She said to grate it, strain through a cloth and mix with egg yolk. Keep for 5 mins. I already wash with egg yolk sometimes so it could work for me xD. I'm not sure how much juice to use, though. I didn't knew you can cook it, I keep hearing raw version.
    Cut off tailbone hair to bob <3
    ...and then buzzed my hair off.
    I work here: mobilny dietetyk gliwice

I am just worried about the smell

01 - Please keep us updated in case you decide to try this method

Found a black radish at the store today, I'll be the guinea pig and try both the cooked and uncooked versions and report back on smell, etc.

Length
    Ear/TBL/Knee?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Yup. Pole here, black radish is one of the most popular traditional hair/scalp improving ingredients (next to nettle, birch, horsetail and hop). Very common in shampoos and conditioners of polish brands, still pretty popular, but were no.1 during communist times when there were no imported products at all. Funny thing, but I never tried the actual juice, although I like shampoos and conditioners with it. I think I've got a piece in the fridge, time for experiments

Well I must say, the raw radish didn't smell that bad. I could faintly smell it on my hair (blitzed it and an egg together, smeared that on and left it for two hours), but it wasn't bad. My cat hated it though, he kept crawling into my arms, sniffing my head, and running away. I had intended to use the rest for my shower today but after two days in the fridge dear god did it smell awful. The radish smell was overpowering to say the least.
    I'm working an event tomorrow so will hold off on trying the cooked radish in case it reeks, but as it stands I would recommend at least trying the solution. If you don't mind the faint hint of radish while waiting, and then while your hair is wet, go for it.

EDT:
    I've since tried washing with cooked radish, the smell or lack thereof is the same. TBH though, I didn't notice any difference in my hair. I used the cooked twice, and went back and used the raw one more time to use up the last of the radish. I guess after using it 4 times in a week I expected some sort of result but didn't see anything. Perhaps this is a very slow treatment? Suffice it to say, I won't be trying again.
    Last edited by diewassermelone; March 19th, 2017 at 07:15 AM. Reason: updating info