Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hatsumomo's hair style

Length
    32/46/dunno
    Type
    1a/M/iii

Default Re: Hatsumomo's hair style

I agree, the bun looks really loose. No doubt she has 30 million pins and a bunch of hairspray and gel in there. Along with fake hair, but Eirinn might be able to do it at her length (which is hard for me to tell what it is) or perhaps longer. I think waist length or longer hair that is medium or thick would be able to pull it off alright. Li's hair from other pictures is definitely not that long, however, it looks barely bsl in most of the more recent pictures I'm seeing.

Length
    short/28/30+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Hmm.... I took a section of hair at the crown, like where a man's bald spot would be, and bunned that, leaving all the rest down and parting on the side. The bun is teeny tiny because my hair is really thin, but has almost the same effect.

Oddly, the part of my hair that went into said tiny bun is the only part of my hair that is wurly, so all my straight underneath is exposed. Kind of cool... maybe I'll practice at this so I can wear it in public

Last of the Brunnen-G kwaniesiam's Avatar
    Length
    bald/mop/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

Maybe a sock bun in the middle and some extra hair wrapped around would help with the tiny bun?
    Your neighborhood LHC-friendly hair stylist Anyone is always free to PM me if they have any questions they think I might be able to help with, hair or otherwise!

Length
    ~17"/TBL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Instead of bunning the crown hair you could try some gentle twisting then holding with hair colored bobby pins. I find those hold better if I'm going for a non-twisted style. Pinning the hair loosely over a hair rat would get a really close approximation. Also, instead of putting all the crown hair up together, separate it into three or four sections and pin them up separately. You can get a more woven complicated look this way. Easiest way to do this is probably to put it in a ponytail then work from there.
    1b/M/ii - 45"

Avatar is La Belle Dame Sans Merci by Waterhouse, 1893 Sig is Psyche et L'Amour by Bouguereau, 1889

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by k_hepburn View Post
    I would hazard a guess that there are some hair pieces involved as well as some kind of a hair rat underneath the bun. Li Gong, the actress, appears to have a lot less hair in those real life pictures that I've found. I also find it noticeable that the hair for the bun does not appear twisted or wrapped tightly - so it was probably held up by lots of hair pins as well as tons of styling products.

Greetings

katharine
    That's what I was thinking too.

In addition to having objects in it, it looks to me not really like a style with a name, but more like a stylist just started pinning and spraying stuff.
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    14/24/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Exactly. That whole section on top almost looks . . . attached, somehow.
    Lady Cryollaee of the Honored Woodlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    The Goal: No trimming until waist (2013)

Banned
    Length
    22 In/25 In/45 In
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I also love that hairstyle, kind of like a disheveled half ponytail/half knot. she has beautiful long hair and it looks so soft and shiny. I've seen her in other movies and she always has long hair, so beautiful.

Chocolate domino anyone.. darl_in1's Avatar
    Length
    44"/SL/SL

You know...I could swear there was a thread on this exact thing on the old boards. I cna't remember if anyone had instructions, but it might be worth doing a search.
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning" Catherine Aird
    Blog

Length
    ?/26/30++
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I have to agree, there are hairpieces at work there.

What it looks like is she's got some kind of a rat pinned to the top of her head, then her hair arranged in a messy bun on top of this. Unfortunately, I have not yet mastered this style so the rat always pops out to say hi, but it is a nice one to try to master.
    Feb 2013, solid BSL again but shedding. Wondering if this is really terminal length. Hairtype 1b/2b, F/M, ii

Length
    APL/waist/even
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Wow thanks Samikha! So useful pics