Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seeking help for several issues-hair loss, extremely oily hair, etc.

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Seeking help for several issues-hair loss, extremely oily hair, etc.

I'm in an area nearby to you. I know it can be hard to get quality care for specialized services without traveling far. It sounds like you doing a lot of work in looking out for your health. I hope you're able to find something. Maybe you could do a virtual consultation with someone before you travel all that ways
    P̶i̶x̶i̶e̶,̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶C̶B̶L̶,̶ ̶A̶P̶L̶,̶ ̶B̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶W̶L̶!̶!̶ ....on to hip?

Length
    16/16/30
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Seeking help for several issues-hair loss, extremely oily hair, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasemi View Post
    I'm in an area nearby to you. I know it can be hard to get quality care for specialized services without traveling far. It sounds like you doing a lot of work in looking out for your health. I hope you're able to find something. Maybe you could do a virtual consultation with someone before you travel all that ways
    @Chasemi, it is very hard! I'm doing the best I can with my nursing background and the help I'm finding here on the forum in old posts, and cobbling a plan together. I'm going to give what I'm doing 3 months. I'm hoping I see improvement-it's a drain on the bank account, for sure. And possibly, my liver.

I think my options going forward, if all this doesn't work, is the oral form of a anti-fungal. I don't want to-you have to keep a good check on your liver enzymes. As you know in this area, we have very hard water which is hard on the skin and hair, especially down here in the coalfields. So we've ordered a shower head filter for the bath and maybe that will help some to get all the chemicals away from head/skin.

I don't have high expectations at my age but I do think that some issues can be resolved and I can re-grow my hair and get some thickness back.

Length
    16/16/30
    Type
    1b/F/ii

@constancev18, it is very beautiful in the spring and summertime, the fall as well. But the winter, not so much. And very isolating. But I have our little mini-farm and animals and gardens-podcasts, books, and friends/family-so that makes living here so much better. My last child left a few years ago for college and all five are scattered everywhere across the U.S., so the bonus is we now get to travel a bit! But I miss them very much, every day.

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Mara7 View Post
    Thank you for the relies, everyone.

Constancev18, I was really a bit scared to start all those different shampoo's knowing they were harsh, except for the Redken. But I can barely keep all those pimples from popping up on my scalp otherwise. If I go longer than 24 hours, the oil is very heavy on my hair-it's like I've run a handful of oil through it. The itching and stinging starts, and the pimples come back all over my scalp, which is painful.

I know it's fungal related, and a part of me wonders too if the small dose of DHEA at 2.5 mg daily in my Bi-est cream could be contributing to my hair fall as well. My Gyno was insistent I take a small dose as it is important for my bones and immunity. But I wonder about it being converted to Testosterone. I did have my DHT tested a year ago, and it was in normal range.

But for now, I'm having just normal hair loss daily. So it has stopped for the moment under all the changes. I love how my nails are growing-they are strong and my skin dryness overall looks better after 5 weeks on my plan.

I wish I could nourish those hair follicles in some way, and I'm trying to do that internally. Once the hair grows outside of the follicle, I've got to work with what I've got. If I could just get this darned oiliness under control and stop the pimples, that would be amazing. Right now I'm courting any relief I can get.

Has anyone ever had Seborrheic Dermititis and Folliculitis resolve?
    So sorry to hear this, you have been gone through a lot! And hypothyroidism on top of it all, known to cause some hair loss for sure.

My best suggestion right now is to try topical treatment, you are doing great taking care of your body internally.

I have had amazing results curing dandruff (which is also a fungal issue) with witch hazel water (hydrosol) with a few drops of rosemary essential oils added. Just spray that stuff right on your scalp multiple times per day. Rosemary works as an anti-fungal while witch hazel controls the excess sebum production.

Lets see how long this little lump can get. Viva la natural!
    Lady Nemetona, Adept of the Henna Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights