Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you know why some hair color suits you best?

Length
    Chin/BCL/CL

Default Re: Do you know why some hair color suits you best?

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Skintone is one part, but I also think that eyebrows and eyelashes matter. For example, do I have black eyebrows and thus people think that black is my natural color, despite it being light brown. If I would have had my mothers very blond eyebrows and eyelashes, it would look different.

Eye color can also make a difference according to me.
    Yup, exactly.
    Lady Moon of the forests of wonderland, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights
    🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc

Length
    BSL/HL/SDL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

As others have said, I agree, this is about color harmony, and mainly the undertone of your skin. Maybe to a lesser degree also your brows and eyes. Look up personal (seasonal) color analysis.

My skin looks a bit neutral-yellowish to the naked eye, but has a cool undertone. My ashy gray-blonde natural color suits me well, the current henna gloss clashes uncomfortably.

You can find your undertone by draping yourself with cool and warm colors and see which makes your skin look better
    I'm fine
    Lady Sarana, Ranger of the Eastern Hills
    in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    waist/TB/long

People's natural color always suits them best, as it always looks good with one's skin and eyes.

Length
    22/22/26
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Priska View Post
    I feel a little bothered because I can't tell the reason why some certain haircolour looks so good on some person and on some other doesn't. With me, time after time I see from photographs, that (reddish) dark brown is my colour. It just makes me look my best. Strong, healthy and young. With dark brown I also feel strong and protected (but still I get bored of it if I always have that colour). But I have no idea why. My eyes are not dark brown but green. My eyebrows used to be thick and dark but are not that anymore (naturally). My skin colour is pretty basic, but if I bleach my hair, my skin looks red. Black is clearly too dark and sharp to me. My natural colour is pretty darkish brown, but it goes better if it gets a little darker and redder. So I'd just like to hear answers to my question in the title

In the photo is the best hair color for me on my opinion.

You have gorgeous eyes! And yes, that color really does suit you.

Length
    pixie/short/?
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Für immer View Post
    I don't think it's only the color/tone of our skin that are a factor here.
    Eyecolor, eyebrow color has a part in it too, I believe.
    Uh oh... what about eyebrows that aren't visible? Mine blend in with my skin and can't really be seen. Sometimes I dye them darker, but I haven't bothered in a while since that costs $ and I'm cheap.
    In a grow and cut cycle...

Yes-- because I'm a warm (slight yellow undertones to skin, brown eyes; I look most natural in brown/rust/olive green {and can't wear yellow/orange/red toned eye makeup or people just think I look tired because they blend in and simply make me look like my eyes are yellow or red}, though cool colors like blue can be striking). (I always thought I had coloring similar to Julia Stiles.) Of course, my natural color now is a medium-dark ashy brown, which, as I've said before, suits me not at all-- but I was a golden blonde as a kid, which *did* work for me, and in adulthood my mom kept telling me I should make my hair blonde again (I think she liked me with both lighter-colored hair and warmer-toned hair). Part of the reason I henna my hair is that it warms up that awful ashy tone, even in lighting where the red isn't apparent. (I don't know why you can get shampoos to tone your hair more cool but none to tone it more warm. I want "brassy" hair, I guess... and I can't be the only warm-leaning person out there who does...)

(I think I would likely be suited best with some color lighter than the current one but probably darker than blonde, and definitely warm-toned rather than this cool tone that makes me look more dead*. I am a poster child for "your natural color is not necessarily your best color" since I've naturally had both light-colored warm-toned hair and dark-colored cool-toned hair, and obviously both can't be ideal for me.)

Maybe something similar to these, which I was kind of sporting for a while as my hair darkened from blonde to brown, but it was likely not as warm-looking since the brown coming in was ashy:

https://content.latest-hairstyles.co...olor-1x1-1.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6KH2Dna9VKM/sddefault.jpg

Or possibly even as dark as these, but probably not darker:

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/wh...re-1200-80.jpg

https://www.zohna.com/wp-content/upl...hair-color.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Skintone is one part, but I also think that eyebrows and eyelashes matter. For example, do I have black eyebrows and thus people think that black is my natural color, despite it being light brown. If I would have had my mothers very blond eyebrows and eyelashes, it would look different.

Eye color can also make a difference according to me.
    Yup. I've always had darker eyebrows, which actually match my natural color now, but didn't match my blonde hair as a kid nor the henna-toned hair now (I try to use auburn eyebrown pencil to warm them up a bit-- I figure hennaing them would be a fail; I think I tried it once and nothing happened). Eyebrows were probably always a harbinger of what was to come for my hair color (not a surprise-- starting blonde and turning brown runs in my mom's family).
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

I don't know why honestly but the colors that suit me best are Red, Blond, Black and Hot Pink I do have pinky undertones? but skin tone and undertone and eye color is a big factor
    Last edited by Bat; May 6th, 2024 at 12:09 AM.
    No Trimming No Dye
    CBL>>>>>APL>>>>>TBL>>>>LCL
    Currently Buzzed

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Quote Originally Posted by GordonMurphella View Post
    Skin tone. Warm or cool. Simple as that.

Btw, you are very pretty but are you may want to hide your face on a public board.
    you're post comes from a good place aka Safety, but really it's honestly her choice if she does or not.
    No Trimming No Dye
    CBL>>>>>APL>>>>>TBL>>>>LCL
    Currently Buzzed

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    you're post comes from a good place aka Safety, but really it's honestly her choice if she does or not.
    Thanks, I'm really aware it's her own decision but I'm also aware that not everyone remembers all the time that this particular board is viewable by everyone and anyone anywhere.

But really, thanks.

Oh, and it's "your."

Modnote: Don't reply to greyed out text.
    Last edited by Ylva; May 7th, 2024 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Don't reply to greyed out text

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Für immer View Post
    Why?
    A lot of us show our faces here.
    Because, again, not everyone remembers it's a public board, and there are creeps out there. If you don't care I don't care but ... oh whatever.