Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2187

Thread: Hair game - Just for fun - hairstyle the person above you

Length
    13"/33"/33"
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/iii

Default Re: Hair game - Just for fun - hairstyle the person above you

Quote Originally Posted by Phexlyn View Post
    Selderon, I think you'd look very pretty with three little cornrow-style braids starting at your hairline and going back a bit (but not completely to the nape) and the rest of your hair loose. You can choose to do either French, Dutch or rope braids.
    I did it. It's kind of rough. Sadly, between hardware problems and photography problems (blame the photographer!), no pics yet.

It's three French braids that terminate in a ponytail, which I then tortured into a cheater's infinity bun.

ETA: do I get to style the person above me, or am I in the time out corner for not having pics?
    Last edited by selderon; March 14th, 2011 at 11:56 AM. Reason: added question

Length
    Chin/APL/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

How about something easy this time? I've always liked a nice loose side bun. Clips, sticks - whatever - go nuts on how you make it stay up and in place.

My own hair is rather short, just below my chin, not even shoulder length yet!

Length
    13"/33"/33"
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/iii

Side bun? LOL I hope you don't mean me. Unless I'm allowed two side buns. My hair won't all go into a side bun. It giggles and runs away.

Length
    Chin/APL/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by selderon View Post
    Side bun? LOL I hope you don't mean me. Unless I'm allowed two side buns. My hair won't all go into a side bun. It giggles and runs away.
    Mine won't either... unless it has a massive amount of pins. Hmmm. Two buns is also very cute! Go for it.

Length
    13"/33"/33"
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Finnenna View Post
    Mine won't either... unless it has a massive amount of pins. Hmmm. Two buns is also very cute! Go for it.
    Mkay. Two buns for me tomorrow.

And for you... a lace braid (or French if that is easier). You pick where to put it and how far to take it.

Length
    CL/SL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Phexlyn: Very nice, exactly how Id pictured it!
    RitaPG: Im so glad you could do that, its very cute on you. (I cant wait for my own hair to be long enough to wear that style, as it is my layers all poke out and look weird.)

And for selderon... Perhaps a french twist? I think it would look very nice on you...

Length
    APL/WL?/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Zefyra: You should try 2 sock buns, one above the other. If you want flatter buns, try using half of a sock instead of a whole one(: Happy hairstyling!
    ~the more I see the less I know for sure~

Length
    APL/WL?/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Narya View Post
    ETA: Whoah, I lost a lot of posts! I originally said:

"danceri110: I haven't seen any photos, as you have no albums yet (welcome, btw!), but judging by your profile picture, I think you'll be able to do a wrap bun ."

But if danceri110 already has a challenge, I give the wrap bun to the person above me (squee, I think). Or to both of them! /end ETA

I tried the woven bun, and even though I'm sure I did (and keep doing!) something wrong, I think I'll keep investigating to see if I can get it right:

First try:

Third try (no picture of second one):
    Thanks! and since no one has challenged me yet, I just made my very first [successful] wrap bun! Thanks for challenging me, I'd been meaning to learn this bun but i finally figured it out! I think it'll be one of my favorites
    ~the more I see the less I know for sure~

Length
    Chin/APL/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Mkay. Two buns for me tomorrow.

And for you... a lace braid (or French if that is easier). You pick where to put it and how far to take it.
    Will try a lace braid tomorrow as I'm home with time to fiddle with it!

Length
    28/42.5/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    To the one above me!

A flipped Cinabun or a few (4+) mini braids around the head that are somehow tied in the back of the head (they can be free braids, lace or french etc.)
    whichever you have enough hair for/feel like doing/works best

oo could try both....mini braids wrapped in a flipped cinabun...hmmm
    Thank you for this great hairstyle, squee! I had never managed to do a flipped bun before, but this time it worked out pretty well. Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo right away, so you'll have to accept a more messy version.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ictureid=98346

It's a very quick and comfy style, and I love that it's softer around the face than most other buns

Quote Originally Posted by Narya View Post
    I tried the woven bun, and even though I'm sure I did (and keep doing!) something wrong, I think I'll keep investigating to see if I can get it right:
    That looks really good for the first few attempts! I still remember when I tried to do the woven bun for the first times, and it was always a huge mess keeping the strands separated and in the right directions

I did it. It's kind of rough. Sadly, between hardware problems and photography problems (blame the photographer!), no pics yet.

It's three French braids that terminate in a ponytail, which I then tortured into a cheater's infinity bun.
    Well done, you get a cheese bonus for the infinity bun !

Now, Finenna above me already has a challenge, but if you're up to it, make a half-up with your favorite hair toy! (You can combine this with the lace braid if you like, gets two challenges at once).
    ...procrastinating the new signature...