Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Archived Forums - Now Available

Length
    20/27/38
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by wintersun99 View Post
    I thought I read that if you did not have 100posts/60+ days and access to the private boards BEFORE the site crashed, you won't have it now (over there) as the system will not sinc up the access you've gained. Please correct me if I'm wrong...
    This got answered on the Site Support board:

Quote Originally Posted by harpgal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanEast View Post
    Thanks, JG. I'm just wondering if having 100 quality posts here on the new board will count when it comes to photo thread access on the old board?
    The answer is....yes!
    Hope that helps!
    Lady Xanthyppe of the Moonlith Waves in the Order of the Longhaired Knights
    My Progress! (updated August 2009)
    Currently at the upper regions of BSL. Growing again!

Length
    54/69/66
    Type
    2a/2b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by wintersun99 View Post
    I thought I read that if you did not have 100posts/60+ days and access to the private boards BEFORE the site crashed, you won't have it now (over there) as the system will not sinc up the access you've gained. Please correct me if I'm wrong...
    You're correct - you won't have the upgraded access automatically. However, an admin can go manually fix your account in the archives to match your current level of access here on the main site.

Dianyla | Extreme Haircare Blog | Photos
    IUD | MoonCup | MUM | HBI | TCDT | MNM!
    When's the last time you... Donated? | Contacted a Mod? | Read the Community Guidelines?

Unless specifically described as a moderation call, the above post represents my personal opinion as a member of this community, not as a moderator.

Length
    chin/30.75/tb?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

If this isn't appropriate to ask on this thread, please let me know.

I'm wondering if one of you old-LHC members would be willing to do me a favor. I found the old Chagrin Valley Soap and Shampoo Bar thread in the archive a week or two ago and was slowly reading through it. I apparently failed to add it to my favorites, and the power went out the other day and I lost what I had open.

The problem is that since I wasn't a member of the old LHC, I didn't find this thread using the search function, but by reading through 100+ pages of archived threads. I don't have the ability to search the "old" forums, and I am wondering if someone who *does* have that ability would be willing to post a link to the thread I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!

Edited to add: I'm pretty sure from reading through this thread that I can't get an account on the archived forum if I wasn't already a member at the time it crashed, so my question is based on that assumption. If I am incorrect and there is some way for me to gain "search" access on the old board, please let me know.
    Last edited by n3m3sis42; May 6th, 2008 at 03:50 AM.
    Lady Tiamat of the Dragon Horde in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Founding Member of the (Second Incarnation of the) Official Hair Idiots Club ~ "Goobering One Style At a Time".

Length
    shldr/shldr/?
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

I found: Chagrin Valley Shampoo Bars and Soap in Recipes, Henna, and Herbal Haircare with over 3k posts. Is that the one you were looking for?

HTH!

Length
    chin/30.75/tb?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Just_Isabel, thank you so much! That's the one I was looking for.
    Founding Member of the (Second Incarnation of the) Official Hair Idiots Club ~ "Goobering One Style At a Time".

Length
    shldr/shldr/?
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

Welcome.

Oh, I just thought of something that might work for you: have you tried to google using "site:archive.longhaircommunity.com *insert what you want to search for*"?
    I haven't used google to search for threads here because I don't need to, but it could work for someone who can't log in to the archives.

Length
    25/38.4/50
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I'm having troubles with logging in the old forums. It seems that my password is correct, I also see the "thank you for logging in, Iylivarae"-site... but if it redirects me back to the forums, I'm logged out again... and I just can't get into my account...

Is there a solution to that problem?

Bringer of teh lolz Miss Murphy's Avatar
    Length
    ear/BSL/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Iylivarae View Post
    I'm having troubles with logging in the old forums. It seems that my password is correct, I also see the "thank you for logging in, Iylivarae"-site... but if it redirects me back to the forums, I'm logged out again... and I just can't get into my account...

Is there a solution to that problem?
    This might be a bit redundant, but have you logged out here?

I usually work with a different browser window - I'm logged in to the current LHC in one window, and in the archives in the other.
    Lady Entropy of the Lawless Lands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Bringer of teh lolz (bringer of the laughs) - check out the lolcritters-thread!

Length
    chin/30.75/tb?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Isabel View Post
    Welcome.

Oh, I just thought of something that might work for you: have you tried to google using "site:archive.longhaircommunity.com *insert what you want to search for*"?
    I haven't used google to search for threads here because I don't need to, but it could work for someone who can't log in to the archives.
    Oh, that's so awesome! It worked! Thanks a lot.

Length
    pixie/clsc/term
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Does anyone know why I might be having trouble logging in to the archived forums? I type in my log in and password, it does the little "thank you for logging in, rhosyn_du" thing, I get redirected, and...I'm still not logged in.
    Lady Pyracantha, Firethorn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    chin ~ shoulder ~ APL ~ BSL ~ waist ~ hip ~ TBL ~ classic ~ FTL ~ knee ~ term
    I like big buns and I cannot lie