Page 175 of 285 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2843

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Length
    37"/45"/?
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

Well, it feels wonderful and smells nice. It's not dry yet, I'll see how it is in the morning. My family thinks I am completely crazy though. DH insists that you guys are punking me and the cats will attack me tonyght. They have all gotten a good laugh out of it. But I don't care.
    Lady Nyghtingale, Devoted and Obedient Healer in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Banned
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    I feel exactly the same way, lol. That is an excellent way to describe it. It makes perfect sense to me.

I am very glad for you, that you are so pleased with your results!

I never could find a conditioner that does for my hair, what catnip has done.
    I can't thank you enough for your patience and sharing your experiences.

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by Nyghtingale View Post
    Well, it feels wonderful and smells nice. It's not dry yet, I'll see how it is in the morning. My family thinks I am completely crazy though. DH insists that you guys are punking me and the cats will attack me tonyght. They have all gotten a good laugh out of it. But I don't care.
    Good for you, lol.

When rinsed out (when brewed actually, from reports) the cats will not be that interested in it.

I do not have a cat but I have visited a friend with catnip loving cats, when I have had freshly washed, catnipped hair, a number of times, and, while the cats have been friendly (I am allergic but can play with them, if I wash my hands afterward), they did not take any notice of my hair, which I always wear loose, when I go out.
    Last edited by ktani; August 5th, 2009 at 10:20 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    I can't thank you enough for your patience and sharing your experiences.

My pleasure!

Thank you for saying what you have.

Length
    18/APL ?/BSL +
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    I am finding I like the softness of the catnip rinses as opposed to any conditioners I've used past or present.... the softness just seems.... less "polluted" or "chemically induced" if that makes sense.
    I feel exactly the same way about using catnip compared to my regular conditioners. I always found that a conditioner had to have a thick texture in order to work on my hair and at first I didn't think that something like catnip could even detangle my hair for a second. I was wrong and I'm completely converted to using catnip as a conditioner :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlize View Post
    I feel exactly the same way about using catnip compared to my regular conditioners. I always found that a conditioner had to have a thick texture in order to work on my hair and at first I didn't think that something like catnip could even detangle my hair for a second. I was wrong and I'm completely converted to using catnip as a conditioner :-)
    I am so pleased that you are so pleased, as well!

What has been most interesting to me, from reports on catnip use here, is that it can work on all hair types and textures and conditions, from dry to oily and damaged hair.

No one, or one type of conventional hair conditioner I know of, can do that, diluted, or used at the concentration it is in the jar, bottle, or tube. Just by altering or customizing the dilution, one can make their catnip solution, just right for them. The dilution I use has worked for others too but I "eye it" each time and it is not measured to the ml. I just know what dilution works perfectly for me, and that is the one I have given here and in the Catnip Article.
    Last edited by ktani; August 7th, 2009 at 05:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Length
    16"/24"/36"

Lightbulb Re: Catnip for split ends?

Hi Ktani - Do you think the Morrocco Method shampoos would interfere with catnip treatments? I like the catnip treatments for the conditioning/color, but I especially like the color I get on my GRAYS!!! I have just recently started using the MM shampoos and was curious. Thank you for all of your research and information -

Quote Originally Posted by FlowingMane View Post
    Hi Ktani - Do you think the Morrocco Method shampoos would interfere with catnip treatments? I like the catnip treatments for the conditioning/color, but I especially like the color I get on my GRAYS!!! I have just recently started using the MM shampoos and was curious. Thank you for all of your research and information -
    You are most welcome!

They may. I have read reprts on that webesite (MM) and I think that it is possible. You can try to see what results you get. It may be that all 4 shampoos in rotation do not leave a residue but I remember people complaining about residue on their brushes.

Length
    24"/28"/39"
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I just took a look at my hair. I haven't seen a single split end since I started using catnip. This stuff rocks.
    Lover of fountain pens and disabled kitties.

RIP my sweet Jilly-bean. Your momma misses you.