3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Conditioning balm in the big jar

Length
    18+/39/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

KY? You mean KY Jelly, which drugstore.com lists with this?

Water Purified, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Chlorhexidine Gluconate, Gluconolactone, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide

I don't know. Maybe that works on hair, but the Biolage I use is somewhat different. Conditioning Balm, the no-cone version, which the container lists this way:

Water, Propylene Glycol, Myristyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Decyl Oleate, Phenoxyethanol,Methylparaben, Fragrance, Propylparaben, Hexyl Cinnamal, Rosemary Extract (Rosemarinus Officinalis), Goldenseal (Hydrastis Canadensis), Bladderwrack, Methyl 2 Octynoate.

I don't know what most of those things are -- but my hair likes it, and there are no cones so it suits my current experiment. (And this is the most basic Biolage I can find here.)

And I use CurlKeeper over conditioner -- makes sense to me. I'd like the hair moisturized, and then held.

All of these options are so interesting.

Length
    18+/39/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by manderly View Post
    Conditioning balm in the big jar
    That's it! Chatters (which we have -- maybe you, too, jessie58?) has a litre sale on. I just bought 500 ml at about 30% off. (Not cheap -- $19, down from $31, or so.)

Length
    2 in/MBL/???
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEyes View Post
    XDDD; Erm, well. It's a "personal lubricant" that gained popularity on NaturallyCurly as a sort of "underwear" for curls under a bunch of product. It's used similarly to how Curl Keeper can be used--either alone, or with product on top, though I use it over it.
    Really? My SO would never let me live that down... "No baby, the KY is for my hair!"

Ah sorry, just had to get that out of my system...
    Lady Libra, Bardic Gloriana, Duchess of the Land of a Tall Hayre Tale in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    shldr/class/dunno
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ladylibra View Post
    Really? My SO would never let me live that down... "No baby, the KY is for my hair!"

Ah sorry, just had to get that out of my system...
    Well, is it really that much worse than Monistat, butter, or any of the other millions of crazy things we think up to put on our hair?

I've learned to live with a permanent "WTF did you just put on your hair and why do I live with you?" look whenever I geek out about hair.
    Lady Nêssa of the Fair-Feathered Flight in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    17.5/17.5/27.5
    Type
    2c/M/iii

I think it's the curl keeper that has similar ingredients to ky?

DI Water, PVP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Laureth 23, Glycerin, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance, Polyquaternium 10.

Length
    Chin/APL/TBL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

How do you apply the KY? I've never used Curl Keeper, but I would be interested in using the KY.

Length
    2 in/MBL/???
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by nowxisxforever View Post
    Well, is it really that much worse than Monistat, butter, or any of the other millions of crazy things we think up to put on our hair?

I've learned to live with a permanent "WTF did you just put on your hair and why do I live with you?" look whenever I geek out about hair.
    Probably not, and I'm sure it works great for some people. Food items, my SO rolls his eyes at. But he would certainly get ideas if I brought KY into the house and never believe that I bought it for my hair.

Sorry, I guess it is only funny to me because I pictured his reaction in my head.
    Lady Libra, Bardic Gloriana, Duchess of the Land of a Tall Hayre Tale in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    28"/42.5"/48"
    Type
    3c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ladylibra View Post
    Probably not, and I'm sure it works great for some people. Food items, my SO rolls his eyes at. But he would certainly get ideas if I brought KY into the house and never believe that I bought it for my hair.

Sorry, I guess it is only funny to me because I pictured his reaction in my head.

My husband would have the same reaction. He would say something like, "Yeah, sure whatever helps you sleep at night."

For those of you using Matrix conditioning balm- how does that work with CO? Does it build up at all?
    Lady Starr Weaver of the Celestial Heavens in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    3b, M/C, iii, 40"
    Straightened length with fairy tale ends in siggie pic

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Yes, I was referring to the curl keeper. It's pretty similar to KY, if I remember.

I've used it as the second C in my CO, Starr, so I use less. It doesn't really build up on my hair. I've switched to the GVP version because it's cheaper and works just as well.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)